Canceling a Recording Take?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
H20nly

Re: Canceling a Recording Take?

Post by H20nly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:27 pm

filosofem wrote:
H20nly wrote:well, i just hit the play button. that takes me back to the beginning of my loop... which is typically what i'm trying to record in. when i'm done, i 'collect all and save' which ditches the takes i did not keep.
...and the top most take is the kept take? Is that how it works with Live? H2Only.
thats how it works when i record guitar/bass or vocals in arrange view. i use a controller... either a novation remote zero or a logidy um3... pressing the play button on the former or the button assigned to the play button on the latter.

i can't tell if your attempting to be facetious or not. still, you asked about a one press of a button solution and i have shared mine. good luck.

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Different DAW's handle audio takes uniquely, some create a parent whole file and create a sub group off of that parent whole file. Avid Pro Tools is a prime example of this type of file structure relating to recording takes (Audio and MIDI). Comping Takes (audio only) handles recording takes differently again. The way Ableton Live handles recording takes is unfamiliar to me. One feature Pro Tools offers is Canceling a Recording Take (Ctrl+Num.) that differs from Undo or Delete. From what I've gathered via this thread is that Ableton Live supports this functionality but only with a connected APC40. Sweet. And if I wanted to take the piss out of the situation I would have posted the question on Gearslutz. I'll try your suggestion H2Only. Thanks.

peterdeebee

Post by peterdeebee » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 pm

taffmonster wrote:
filosofem wrote:FR for Canceling a Recording Take.

Thanks 3dot.
Theres a apc template that lets you do it using the shift button
hi filosofem. i just found this thread. could you tell me how to do this with my apc40? i've been wanting this feature for a while.

peterdeebee

Post by peterdeebee » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:01 pm

FR for Canceling a Recording Take.

Thanks 3dot.

Theres a apc template that lets you do it using the shift button
hi filosofem. i just found this thread. could you tell me how to do this with my apc40? i've been wanting this feature for a while.