My mopho just arrived...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
taffmonster

My mopho just arrived...

Post by taffmonster » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:29 am

I have been spending FAR to much money on music gear, last month I bought reaktor and then this month I bought a blofeld, and now I got a Mopho too. I am dead excited though. It should be a deadly combination.

Linear Phase

Re: My mopho just arrived...

Post by Linear Phase » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:44 am

Let's hear it! Post a video

8) 8) :P
Linear Phase has left the building..

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:05 am

I really like Mopho. The only thing that is not so great (on the desktop version) is the sound design aspect bacause of the interface. Luckily there's the software editor for that.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 am

Rationalizer wrote:I really like Mopho. The only thing that is not so great (on the desktop version) is the sound design aspect bacause of the interface. Luckily there's the software editor for that.
Yeah i already downloaded that and i got the lemur template too which is pretty

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:56 pm

My god it sounds amazing.....

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:47 pm

It seems Soundtower are finally getting their act together - http://soundtower.com/plugse/

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:04 pm

macmurphy wrote:It seems Soundtower are finally getting their act together - http://soundtower.com/plugse/
this just made my day. loving my mopho but tweaking it can be a pain in the ass. best news this year so far (and pulse 2 :mrgreen: )

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:26 pm

h3rtz wrote:
macmurphy wrote:It seems Soundtower are finally getting their act together - http://soundtower.com/plugse/
this just made my day. loving my mopho but tweaking it can be a pain in the ass. best news this year so far (and pulse 2 :mrgreen: )
Isn't it nearly the end of April? When are they releasing it? I doubt it willbe free.

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Something like that for blofeld would be sweet too. As is I'm resigned to using lemur.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:45 pm

just realized that the price for the mopho's pro editor is bloody 40$! WTF :evil: ! 40 bucks for a piece of software that comes for free usually?! i know there's the free version but still! i can get a handful of actual sound creating synth apps for ipad for this money! i was just about to say something like " guess the plugin version would be around a standard ipad app", but given this pricing that doesn't seem very likely. i really don't understand why established hardware companies outsourse their software development to these guys who obviously don't even pay a proper graphic designer. look at these GUIs or the website... urgs

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Thu May 10, 2012 5:29 am

good news:

the Mopho editor plugin version is out now:

http://soundtower.com/plugse/mopho/index.html

bad news:

it's 40USD as expected ... am I the only one who finds that overpriced? I wonder how much they are going to charge for the upcoming iOS version.

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Thu May 10, 2012 5:50 am

h3rtz wrote:good news:

bad news:

it's 40USD as expected ... am I the only one who finds that overpriced? I wonder how much they are going to charge for the upcoming iOS version.
It's also extremely buggy. LFO sync doesn't work, the sequencer doesn't work so y can't play sequenced patches. It also stops working if you close the window. It is thus far terrible and really doesn't seemt o like ableton, I've heard equally bad news for cubase users too.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Thu May 10, 2012 6:25 am

taffmonster wrote:
h3rtz wrote:good news:

bad news:

It's also extremely buggy. LFO sync doesn't work, the sequencer doesn't work so y can't play sequenced patches. It also stops working if you close the window. It is thus far terrible and really doesn't seemt o like ableton, I've heard equally bad news for cubase users too.

doesn't sound like it's worth 40 bucks. especially what you say about the sequencer is pretty bad. that was the point for me to get the mopho in the first place.

darn, that was too good to be true.

did you already buy it or did you go for demo first? i am going to try the latter on the weekend. if it really sucks that much let's bomb soundtower with reports. i want my mopho to be fully integrated. dammit.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Thu May 10, 2012 7:14 am

i just tried to download the demo and got 404 - not found. maybe they're fixing it, who knows.. :roll:

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Thu May 10, 2012 7:17 am

That editor doesn't seem to do much more than the free one.