This forums lack of monitoring! READ!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Son_of_a_Teach

Re: This forums lack of monitoring! READ!

Post by Son_of_a_Teach » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:15 pm

Ambioun - Techno Man wrote:I am contacting management in about 10 minutes by email to let them know about the forum problems. From flaming to salesmen with their lil' boys. This forum has become a horrible representation of Ableton and its partners. I am ashamed to see such a great community go to waste.

If your reading this Ableton. Please take care of the problem.

skiptracer

Post by skiptracer » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:32 am

have a look at em411.com and then tell me that this is well moderated. no way.

louZ

Post by louZ » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:49 am

i would like to see the thread categories being better maintained... besides that we're fine.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:56 am

in all seriousness, considering we have no regular moderation, this forum is going pretty well.

If I see another Aphex Twin thread on EM411 I'm gonna puke..

skiptracer

Post by skiptracer » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:21 am

sweetjesus wrote:in all seriousness, considering we have no regular moderation, this forum is going pretty well.

If I see another Aphex Twin thread on EM411 I'm gonna puke..
haha... this is true.

software specific forums are destined to suck anyway, what am i doing here.

dom

Post by dom » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:56 pm

thanks for all your thoughts regarding this topic and thanks for starting this thread ambioun.
to keep it short: in my opinion we don't have to look at it as pessimistic as your first posting sounds like. sure there is flaming going every now and then and of course there are trolls out there but i don't think that these issues can be prevented completely by starting heavy moderation and censorship done by us. Compared to other communities out there this forum generally is still a very nice place, bringing together a lot of creative, motivated, nice and helpful people in a productive and informative manner.

the users of this forum (speak: WE ALL) are in charge of keeping it a nice place without the need for us to moderate everything "the hard way". We will see how it developes over time and i encourage every user to contribute in a serious manner to keep it the convenient place i think it is - in spite of flaming and trolling.

stop worrying, make music :-)

dom

Ambioun - Techno Man

Post by Ambioun - Techno Man » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:01 pm

lol in light of making music i think im gonna make another music thread later on just for the fun of it

Former Pharaoh

Post by Former Pharaoh » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:09 pm

dom wrote: stop worrying, make music :-)
dom
Right-O!

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:29 pm

I wouldnt worry about it. That weird child impersonator guy was so creepy and unhinged that I think he just un-marketed himself out of some cash.
Oddness in the extreme!
creepyteach wrote:
"sorry, that was my imaginary son that wrote that, sometimes I pretend to be 14 on messageboards. I also pretend I have a 14 year old girlfriend ... now who wants to be locked in a room with me!"
8O

OK, I'm paraphrasing :twisted:

sgingras

Post by sgingras » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:06 pm

This forum rocks! For a while there I was kind of upset with the lack of response from the abletons on the forum...but I was just on the Bugs &Problems forum and 7 of the ten latest posts were by Alex or kleine. I guess they were just busy for a while there prior to the operator release and 4.1.1. Anyhow, I find this forum to be generally polite and the forum *junkies* to be very helpful. I've had lots of good suggestions and very few RTFM's (admittedly even when I should have gotten it).

Big shouts and thanks to everyone on the forum.

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:37 pm

And we always try to be serious.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:48 pm

* snorts drink out of nose *

thats the funniest pic I've seen since this one..

Sexy :lol:

another.. http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/graphics/gates2.jpg

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:32 pm

JAMM wrote: Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please tell me they never ran a 'Baywatch, the microsoft special guests' episode, Just imagine them all in bright orange speedos.

dj metronome

Post by dj metronome » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:40 pm

I've been lurking in the back ground here for awhile with out posting. I think this forum rocks. I also think that you have waited our time with this elitism attitude.

dj metronome.

learnmusicsoftware

Post by learnmusicsoftware » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:10 am

Angstrom wrote:I wouldnt worry about it. That weird child impersonator guy was so creepy and unhinged that I think he just un-marketed himself out of some cash.
Oddness in the extreme!
creepyteach wrote:
"sorry, that was my imaginary son that wrote that, sometimes I pretend to be 14 on messageboards. I also pretend I have a 14 year old girlfriend ... now who wants to be locked in a room with me!"
8O

OK, I'm paraphrasing :twisted:

Excuse ME!

First of all my business is booming, thanks to you, noone can keep their hands off of my delicious software lessons. I have received many requests for my services, and have gladly fulfilled everyone's innermost softwarial desires.

My son is 14, turning 15 this April, and got carried away on my screenname. I took away his TV for a few days, so now he only posts under his name, Son_Of_A_Teach. I love him very much, and support his right to post on this board.

Again, learn Reason, Protools, and everyones personal favorite, ABLETON LIVE for a measly $50 dollars an hour!
Learn:
Ableton Live,
Reason,
Protools,
Mac OSX System
Professional Instructor: $60 per hour
YOU WILL LEARN
Beginner through Advanced welcome
Inqure about specifics: LearnMusicSoftware@yahoo.com
In Manhattan, NY