Live 9 Speculation?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chapelier fou

Re: Live 9 Speculation?

Post by chapelier fou » Tue May 01, 2012 9:13 am

ScudMan wrote:@cabletone... unfortunatly, there is some sort of collective "let's be dicks about letting any discussion happen about Live 9 dates or rumors" going on. If you look at other responses from Tone Deft, Da hand (Angstrom, 3dot..., H20nly should show up shortly) they just keep shitting all over any thread that has anything to do with Live 9. My guess is that they're involved in the beta in some manner and are having fun f'ing with everyone else that is not in on the secrete. Sadly, you'll probably not get any help from the community here on this question.
Nice one, Sherlock.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

cabletone

Post by cabletone » Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 pm

yeah i was expecting those responses.

anyway.. in the past has ableton made announcements coinciding with namm/musikmesse?

or independent of them? i don't remember.

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Tue May 01, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm hoping to be able to play video in session view on two tracks with the ability to crossfade between them.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Tue May 01, 2012 3:09 pm

ScudMan wrote:@cabletone... unfortunatly, there is some sort of collective "let's be dicks about letting any discussion happen about Live 9 dates or rumors" going on. If you look at other responses from Tone Deft, Da hand (Angstrom, 3dot..., H20nly should show up shortly) they just keep shitting all over any thread that has anything to do with Live 9. My guess is that they're involved in the beta in some manner and are having fun f'ing with everyone else that is not in on the secrete. Sadly, you'll probably not get any help from the community here on this question.
You are sooo right ScudMan. What were we thinking of responding this way to a topic that has been beaten to death for the least 2 years, of which there are countless threads on the forum (which you will hit if you actually bother to do a search on the same page or maybe as far as page 2), all saying the same thing - that there is no news.

But of course, if a person starts a new thread on Live 9, then miraculously news will appear.

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Tue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Mac is better than PC because it runs faster, and sounds better, especially when you are using an M-Audio X Session Pro mixer. The bass sounds much better too on Mac. It is impossible to get any viruses, and PC's automatically come with viruses pre-installed (unless you buy Ubuntu, but then you have to pay for updates every 6 months. When I bought Ubuntu on Ebay last week, it came with 2,500 plugins. There are more available if you look for it).

With that said, I personally enjoy reading the Live 9 speculation threads.
It is satisfying on several levels:
1) excitement from speculators for a product I love (I do enjoy this)
2) popcorn from anti speculators (I also enjoy this, which makes me a bad person)
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 01, 2012 4:08 pm

I can't win. I used the more widely inclusive plural possessive instead of the singular possessive and some fuck still gets offended. to hell with this place.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

cabletone

Post by cabletone » Tue May 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Da hand wrote:
You are sooo right ScudMan. What were we thinking of responding this way to a topic that has been beaten to death for the least 2 years, of which there are countless threads on the forum (which you will hit if you actually bother to do a search on the same page or maybe as far as page 2), all saying the same thing - that there is no news

old threads about time sensitive subject such a live 9 are irrelevant. thats why i started a new one.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Tue May 01, 2012 6:09 pm

You are right, it has been a few days since the last post on this topic in this section. Of course, real news will come from Ableton anyway, but there must be some new speculation about this since then, lol.

Anyway, I don't really care how many posts about this there are, but I just find speculation a total waste of time - especially if the topic has been speculated so many time already. I prefer to wait until someone posts with some actual information.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 01, 2012 6:19 pm

when Live 9 is released any windowlicker will be able to look at the forum and see loads of threads celebrating and jeering the announcement. it will be on this site and most DAW oriented sites and it will be very hard to miss.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue May 01, 2012 6:36 pm

i just wanted to chime in and say... MAN THIS FUCKING LIVE 9 BETA IS AWESOME FOR FUCKS' SAKES!!

so stop fucking around for the fucks' sakes and c'mon Tone Deft and Da Hand! break time is over boys. Dom and Gerhard just sent a message requesting we all get back to try the new audio engine's 7.1 THX ready surround feature.. 3dot and Angstrom have already finished the soundscape to Avatar 2...

so whatever... i gotta go, having too much fun with bezier curves, triple monitor support, comping, the "Make It Wobble" effects rack, and the 128 bit 64 bit plugin/OS wrapper.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue May 01, 2012 6:49 pm

^ hows your dongle working? mine is asking me to register every time i load live . sometimes the computer notices the dongle some times it doesnt... why would they choose a fire wire based dongle anyways?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue May 01, 2012 6:58 pm

okay i'm back, but just for a second... to answer the Live 9 dongle question. it's a big one i know. you haven't quite been let in on this yet nathann... i know the email is in your inbox, BUT you've been having trouble with the Active Sync and connect to GMail features that are coming in the next version. the new new dongle is actually a fleshlight (http://www.fleshlight.com/) so it will be custom fit for each user which will eliminate the issues you're having. 9 is genius.

i've probably already shared too much about this top secret operation, but i'm back and hey... i feel a little guilty since i get to play with Live 9 and YOU don't. so here is a link to a 326 page write up on the the subject with lots of da potentials:

forum.ableton.com/everythingyoucanexpectaboutLive9atthistime

alright, now i'm off to play with the scroll wheel zoom feature, copy atuomation back and forth between session and arrange with the push of a button, and save and then undo stuff and save and then undo stuff... and then, export it all to mp3 8) :arrow:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 01, 2012 7:05 pm

c'mon man, just because we're Ableton employees planted on the forum to dissuade anyone from ever talking negatively about Live doesn't mean we should brag about how amazing Live 9 is. I'm having second thoughts on 9, the 3-D GUI gives me a headache after a while. granted it's an amazing way to pan surround mixes but is it worth it?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm

only when combined with new dongle i just told nathannn about and the Import-JPEG/MPEG/AVI feature. the 3D thing is tits then!

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Tue May 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Live 9 dongle question. it's a big one i know.

I'm glad I could contribute to the Live 9 Speculation thread :)
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5