Sending click to drummer while performing with band live??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ElcDub89

Sending click to drummer while performing with band live??

Post by ElcDub89 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:15 pm

hello everyone thanks for clickin on post. anyway so i really didnt want to ask this but still havent really figured it out completly how to do and if i need to be more specific let me kno.

im about to start performing with my buddys rock band and ill be running the click while dropping basslines and some sound effects. first show is coming up so need some help/ for right now weve been running the click from a seprate brain to me and the drummer with ableton on the pa with the band. the band dont need click right now they count in head been playing for a while just me and drummer on click.

i need to kno exactly what to set in prefs and channels and best way to do to route only a click to me and the drummers head phones and no click on the pa just my ableton sounds and bass? or is this even possible to run a click to me and drummer? i was thinkin i could just use a headphone split once i figure out how to route to only headphone channel and not whole pa system..? :?

anything will help!

Rabalder

Re: Sending click to drummer while performing with band live??

Post by Rabalder » Tue May 01, 2012 2:29 pm

You need an audio interface with 4 outputs to make this work.
Do you have that?

ElcDub89

Post by ElcDub89 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:38 pm

hey thanks for the reply. but yup i got a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 pretty sure has 6 outputs. i kno this is somthing i shoulda figured out before expecially since i allready have the equitment.

so since ur asking if i have a interface r u saying i should be bringing the interface with me and plugging ableton into it then pluging the pa system up to the interface to get sound of the pa?? cause ive just been running pa system straight to ableton no interface at all??? ive only been using interface at home monitors and setup but should i be bringing this to when i play with the band?

my bad if im wording this wrong still starting off with all this stuff.

also dont kno if makes a dif but the only thing that we r using ableton for is fx and bass drops the drums guitar vocals and bass guitar all ran of there own amps then thru pa

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Tue May 01, 2012 7:51 pm

basically what you need to do is use outputs 1+2 to send to the PA and use outputs 3+4 for the drummer's click, that way the audience won't hear the click, only what you send to channels 1+2

ElcDub89

Post by ElcDub89 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:34 pm

COOL much thanks!