Ableton 8 crash and terrible technical support..Please help!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
jo9shw
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Ableton 8 crash and terrible technical support..Please help!

Post by jo9shw » Tue May 01, 2012 6:26 pm

I bought Ableton 8 and it worked on my computer. The system is a Dell XPS L502x running Windows 7 >Professional SP1 (x64). . However, every upgrade I have tried to download crashes on startup. While the initial screen comes up and it shows all the things on the bottom that are loading a thing pops up that says "A serious program error has occured. Live will shut down after this message box is closed." I can't get into 8.3 at all. Then this past week everything I have in 8.0.1 will not open...when trying to open a live set a box opens that says "invalid product ID." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have already sent files and contacted technical support. They have been no help.
Last edited by jo9shw on Tue May 01, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: Ableton 8 crash and terrible technical support..Please help!

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 01, 2012 6:35 pm

3/4 of what you wrote isn't needed.

at the main Ableton.com page there's a place for users to login. login and see if your product authorizations are correct.

also on your machine try blowing away/hiding/moving the preferences.cfg file.

disconnect all your external devices, hide your plug-ins folder, simplify your setup.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

stallos
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:35 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Ableton 8 crash and terrible technical support..Please help!

Post by stallos » Tue May 01, 2012 6:56 pm

It's a public holiday in most of Europe today

jo9shw
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Ableton 8 crash and terrible technical support..Please help!

Post by jo9shw » Tue May 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Thats exactly why I have avoided posting this on here at all costs. For some reason someone always feels the need to tell you what is wrong with your post.
Tone Deft wrote:3/4 of what you wrote isn't needed.

at the main Ableton.com page there's a place for users to login. login and see if your product authorizations are correct.

also on your machine try blowing away/hiding/moving the preferences.cfg file.

disconnect all your external devices, hide your plug-ins folder, simplify your setup.

jo9shw
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Ableton 8 crash and terrible technical support..Please help!

Post by jo9shw » Tue May 01, 2012 6:59 pm

the office I'm calling is in New York City.

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: Ableton 8 crash and terrible technical support..Please help!

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 pm

jo9shw wrote:Thats exactly why I have avoided posting this on here at all costs. For some reason someone always feels the need to tell you what is wrong with your post.
:roll: lighten up Skeeter. I can tell you that many people starting reading your post and lost interest a few sentences in. just trying to help you get better answers. think about it.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

jo9shw
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Ableton 8 crash and terrible technical support..Please help!

Post by jo9shw » Tue May 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
jo9shw wrote:Thats exactly why I have avoided posting this on here at all costs. For some reason someone always feels the need to tell you what is wrong with your post.
:roll: lighten up Skeeter. I can tell you that many people starting reading your post and lost interest a few sentences in. just trying to help you get better answers. think about it.


I apologize. Thank you for the advice.

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: Ableton 8 crash and terrible technical support..Please help!

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 01, 2012 7:28 pm

it happens. ;) I understand how this place can be off-putting, it's a little strange in here some days.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

Post Reply