Renoise not Rewiring in Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tronstones

Renoise not Rewiring in Ableton

Post by tronstones » Thu May 03, 2012 2:06 am

Renoise no longer shows up in Ableton as a Rewire program. Did I change a setting? I have Ableton 8.3, Renoise 2.8, and also have Automap 4.3 (which I have tried leaving on or turning off). Any suggetions?

Linear Phase

Re: Renoise not Rewiring in Ableton

Post by Linear Phase » Thu May 03, 2012 5:31 am

tronstones wrote:Renoise no longer shows up in Ableton as a Rewire program. Did I change a setting? I have Ableton 8.3, Renoise 2.8, and also have Automap 4.3 (which I have tried leaving on or turning off). Any suggetions?

The first thing I'd do is a restart. Cause sometimes, and I don't know if you have seen this before but, "rewire sticks around long after you have closed the master and the slave." It hangs out in your ram, or whatever.. You know, cause computer software is wacky!

Second.. And this is a major guess. but are you using 32 bit Renoise or 64 bit? Cause.. I don't think Live will wrap a 64 bit Rewire.. But I guess you had it working before, so you must be using 32bit Renoise, right?

Lastly, what's your audio driver? Also, check your preferences.. And you can always try uninstall-reinstall... which is like, a total fail of a suggestion, but whatever...

:P :P
Linear Phase has left the building..

tronstones

Post by tronstones » Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You are a life saver my friend. I guess by default I always downloaded Renoise updates as 32 bit, and when I downloaded the final 2.8 release I was like, Why am I downloading 32 bit when I have a fancy 64 bit chip and OS. Redownloaded the 32 bit version just now and it works perfect. I guess I missed that part in the manual that says rewire will not operate with the slave in 64 bit. Thanks for your help!

Linear Phase

Post by Linear Phase » Thu May 03, 2012 10:29 pm

8) :D

Great, glad that's all worked out.
Linear Phase has left the building..