How do I actually STOP all audio, including echoes?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
alexjholland

How do I actually STOP all audio, including echoes?

Post by alexjholland » Tue May 08, 2012 12:13 am

Hey, sometimes when I hit stop on my track in session view, certain instruments - particularly using Tension - refuse to stop..

I've got this echo from a sitar that's continuing non-stop.. I have to close the set to stop it! Yet other times the same track has no problems..

Is there a button that ACTUALLY stops everything.. Perhaps CMD and stop or something similar?

Linear Phase

Re: How do I actually STOP all audio, including echoes?

Post by Linear Phase » Tue May 08, 2012 1:57 am

I don't think Live has an all notes off, and you shouldn't need one with a native instrument regardless. My guess is you have something causing a midi feedback loop. But without a detailed explanation of your setup, and all.. Its difficult to help.
Linear Phase has left the building..

Vios

Post by Vios » Tue May 08, 2012 6:38 pm

One thing to try is to mute the track that is feeding back. Usually after muting Live will kill it's audio and after you unmute it, it will be okay again. At least, that's how it is for me. Otherwise kill the instrument by turning it off, than reactivate it after a second or two.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue May 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Feedback is one thing. Mute the channel.

Not stopping is another thing. Sometimes you have to turn tension on and off to get it to listen. OR. delete the instrument and then when the sound stops "undo" to recall the deleted instrument.

Concerning the echoes. Hitting the stop button again cuts off echoes and trails. I think.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

memes_33

Post by memes_33 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 pm

midi signals require a "note on" and "note off" command. if you have tension parts with very long or infinite sustain/release and hit stop, tension never receives a "note off" command and, therefore, will not stop "playing" the note until it receives this command.
Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Glitch, IDM, Dub, & Mashups! Go to:
http://memes.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/memes_33

dokx

Post by dokx » Wed May 09, 2012 8:06 am

Klick on the Audio button on the upper right.