waveform editing in live 8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chrismacor

waveform editing in live 8

Post by chrismacor » Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 am

I`m a bit new to live 8 and I have a seemingly simple task that I`d like to perform but cannot figure out how. I`ve recorded a short vocal clip in session view but there is some lip smacking before the actual vocal phrase. I want to edit this out without changing the space before and after the phrase. How do I do this?
Thanks so much,
Chris

drumboy02

Re: waveform editing in live 8

Post by drumboy02 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:23 am

if you look at the clip, like on the top there are two sets of arrows. move the one representing the start point of the clip so that it begins after the "lip smacking", then right click and select crop clip.

Mage2k

Post by Mage2k » Wed May 09, 2012 7:39 am

drumboy02 wrote:if you look at the clip, like on the top there are two sets of arrows. move the one representing the start point of the clip so that it begins after the "lip smacking", then right click and select crop clip.
That will cut out the space where the lip smacking is, he said he wants to keep it.

chrismacor, check out using clip envelopes, what you want is to just lower the volume right there.

drumboy02

Post by drumboy02 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:19 am

yes you are right Mage2k, I misunderstood the OP. He can readjust the start marker after cropping the undesired sound out of the clip, but your method works just as well.

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Wed May 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Since there's not a wave editor as such, go into the clip envelope and turn down the volume to 0 just where the smacking occurs. Might need to turn grid off and zoom right in with the pen tool.

Dragonbreath

Post by Dragonbreath » Thu May 10, 2012 7:52 pm

I would bring the clip in arrangement highlight the section you want to delete, then consilate (command J) the two pieces back together