Indy AbletonLive UserGroup - First Meeting went great!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
AdamJay

Indy AbletonLive UserGroup - First Meeting went great!

Post by AdamJay » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:56 pm

This is a call to any and everyone in Central Indiana to the first monthly meeting of Ableton Live Users.

The meetings will be taking place on the First Tuesday of Each Month at the Abbey Coffeehouse in Downtown Indianapolis (825 N. Pennsylvania St.) from 8pm to 10pm (Indiana anti-daylight-savings Time)

The first meeting is on Tuesday, April 5th, 2005.

Membership is free. You don't need to own Live to attend, just have an interest in its possibilities.
:wink: We only ask that you sign in at the meeting with your name/email address so we can keep you up to date on User Group happenings.

Please reply in this thread if you will be attending as its good to know just who will be joining that we all may know from the forum, and there are several local Live users i am expecting that never use the forums here.

We will have a projector and PA system for visual and audible aids. (Thanks Rahlo!!)
Each month we will cover a few lessons/tutorials, some tips & tricks that are often the little nuances of Live. Also a Q&A/Roundtable discussion about everything Live. Hardware/Software, whatever!

Everything discussed will be transcribed and uploaded to the web as .pdf for later reference. And everything discussed will reference URL's with supplemental information. Documents with these URL's will be distributed at the end of all meetings.

Audible goodies will be uploaded every month as well, a .zip with oneshots/loops/etc. The URL for the audible goodies will be given to the attending User Group members that month.

Feel free to bring your laptop if you have specific questions that you'd like to demonstrate, but its not necessary to bring one otherwise if you don't feel like lugging it in.

Thats all for now, here's to looking forward to the first meeting of the Indianapolis Ableton Live User Group !!!
Last edited by AdamJay on Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

sqook

Post by sqook » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:11 pm

Ohhhhh... great idea! I'll definitely be there, and I know a few other live users in the area who might be interested.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:38 pm

hehehehehe....Adam making an AA group
Abeltonians anonymous....

The funny thing is. I talked to somebody who wanted to do this not even 48 hours ago.
By next year these groups will have sprouted everywhere :wink:

Hello.... my name is bjorn....and i'm a live user :lol:

Nick Maxwell

Post by Nick Maxwell » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:40 pm

definitely going to try my hardest to make it to this. Great idea, Adam.

SIXTO

Post by SIXTO » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:58 pm

That is awesom... I wish there was one close to me
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourself can free our mind - Bob Marley

dCross

Post by dCross » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:38 pm

hrm, I'm down in Nashville, about 6 hours south. Maybe one of these months I'll coordinate a trip home (to Chicago) with a trip up to indy.

Great idea AdamJay.

glaive

Post by glaive » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:50 pm

I'm in.
Everybody on the One.

Diskclaimer

Me too...

Post by Diskclaimer » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:25 am

If anyone is in the connecticut area and would like to form an AA
group please let Me know.....

thanks

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:49 am

hey guys, thanks for replying.

i just got back from checking out the back room we will be using at the Abbey Coffeehouse. It will be great for the group i think. Can hold a max of about 30 people (crammed). Plus we have a little room for overflow.

a note about the location.
If you're familiar with the Abbey location on Massachusetts Ave., and you aren't aware that that location has been demolished... well here's the news: Its gone, and the Abbey has moved to Pennsylvania St. across the street from the old Central Library. Note that Pennsylvania is a one way Southbound street but its very easy to get to from i65/i70. Just mapquest it.

Also, the Abbey offers a wide selection of food, coffee, tea and deserts. Carnivorous, Vegetarian, and Vegan. And its affordable. Mostly under $6-$7. So if the 8pm-10pm meeting time interferes with your eating habits... you can dine during the meeting! (Just don't eat too loud :wink: )

The first meeting is gonna be alot of getting to know the other users in the region, and just finding out where everyone is with the software. Things that we will cover that i think alot of folks would love a live demonstration on is Warping tracks, Follow Actions, and a few smaller nuances of Live.
But even if you are the most well versed in these features and others, please plan on attending. We can always use the expertise of all users as everyone does things differently, and thats the beauty of the group: comparing techniques. And it will also be great to meet so many other musicians that are using Ableton Live. The first meeting will be very important for establishing the User Group, and it will be the foundation for so many future meetings.

really looking forward to it!!! (i've even busted out Keynote for some slide presentations... nothing too boring :wink: )

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:16 pm

yeah, this is gonna be really dope! Nothing inspires me more than watching other artists do their thing--it makes me want to go and work harder at what I'm doing! Plus, it'll be cool to meet some other Live heads in this area!

Thanks for spearheading this, Adam!
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

Benjamin B

Post by Benjamin B » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:37 pm

I might come if I don't have much work to do. I'm a Live rookie, so I'll just sit in the back and observe :). I'd like to see what kind of tricks you guys have up your sleeves.

Actuel

Post by Actuel » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:57 am

i'm in as well!

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:30 am

The first rule of Live Club is....

Sounds wicked, wish I could join you all!

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:23 pm

Have a good meeting tonite Adam! (It's the 5th here already)

paddy

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:22 pm

reminder bump!!!