Spectrum Analyser to Sync Ableton + Traktor

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spoot088

Spectrum Analyser to Sync Ableton + Traktor

Post by spoot088 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:05 am

A lot of people seem to be having trouble syncing ableton with traktor. I tried slaving ableton to traktor and the sync kept falling off and I had to re-sync it and it was just too stressful. I don't even think its possible to slave traktor to ableton.

So I came up with a pretty fun solution. I just run the programs separately and sync them visually using click tracks. Basically I just run live and record the metronome from traktor on a track live. All I have to do is use Ableton's tempo nudge buttons until the transient from traktors metronome is as close to the beats as possible. I like to get it within 10 ms.

This should pretty much stay in sync. I haven't played around with it alot yet. I have the tempo changes in both programs mapped in the same way so the tempo changes occur proportionally. However, I think the midi responds at slightly different times in each programs. So if I do a 20 bpm tempo shift then I wind up losing about 30 ms or something in sync time. Get it?

So basically I was wondering if any one new of any good spectrum analysers that show you the audio input over time and you can zoom in on a particular beat real close. That way I could just run that on my tracktor metronome input and nudge it on the fly. I just can't find the right analyser. Just one that would spit out what it looks like once you record the audio.

So fuck the regular way to sync the programs. This way works way better!