Dear Ableton, 64 BIT SUPPORT . NOW . PLEASE!!! PLEASEEE! :*(

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ze2be

Re: Dear Ableton, 64 BIT SUPPORT . NOW . PLEASE!!! PLEASEEE! :*(

Post by ze2be » Thu May 24, 2012 2:32 am

Tone Deft wrote:
JBlongz wrote:Vienna Ensemble for your plugins people. While 64bit will fix some memory issues, you're cpu will still suffer. Here's a clip from my article:
For those who don't know, Vienna Ensemble Pro is a plugin hosting software that works miracles when you want to run lots of CPU intensive plugins without slowing your DAW down. Your DAW is going to be your master sequencer for 95% of users. While its doing that, it should not be distracted with your plugin processing, except maybe for the master track and a some send FX. Vienna works as a light weight plugin in your daw pulling audio from your heavy weight plugins who's CPU processing is now independent. What does this mean?? Read on!

When plugins run side your DAW, they take part in its 'global' CPU limit set in the preferences. This means your plugins run at a fraction of their potential (your wasting all that good Dual/Quad CPU GHz you paid for). BUT if you run them in VE Pro, they burn rubber! TEST: Try running as little as 5 instances of Ominsphere with all 8 midi and audio channels playing different patches on separate tracks simultaneously. This will CRUNCH your DAW (i'm sure of it). Doing the same in VE Pro has NO affect on DAW. Sounds too good to be true? Almost..VE Pro costs €235.
This lets you run 32bit AND 64bit plugins outside your DAW while streaming the audio in! (freeing up Live's memory)
sweet.
Bookmarked.

TallestTowers

Post by TallestTowers » Thu May 24, 2012 5:28 am

Has anyone noticed that Lion seems reluctant to give up what it's currently storing in memory? Was playing a set this weekend on a laptop with 8 gigs of RAM praying that Ableton didn't crash. Rarely thought about it running 10.6.X.

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Thu May 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Lion intelligently reallocates RAM when it needs to. Until then, it readily storing recent work.
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Thu May 24, 2012 1:51 pm

JBlongz wrote:Vienna Ensemble for your plugins people. While 64bit will fix some memory issues, you're cpu will still suffer. Here's a clip from my article:
For those who don't know, Vienna Ensemble Pro is a plugin hosting software that works miracles when you want to run lots of CPU intensive plugins without slowing your DAW down. Your DAW is going to be your master sequencer for 95% of users. While its doing that, it should not be distracted with your plugin processing, except maybe for the master track and a some send FX. Vienna works as a light weight plugin in your daw pulling audio from your heavy weight plugins who's CPU processing is now independent. What does this mean?? Read on!

When plugins run side your DAW, they take part in its 'global' CPU limit set in the preferences. This means your plugins run at a fraction of their potential (your wasting all that good Dual/Quad CPU GHz you paid for). BUT if you run them in VE Pro, they burn rubber! TEST: Try running as little as 5 instances of Ominsphere with all 8 midi and audio channels playing different patches on separate tracks simultaneously. This will CRUNCH your DAW (i'm sure of it). Doing the same in VE Pro has NO affect on DAW. Sounds too good to be true? Almost..VE Pro costs €235.
This lets you run 32bit AND 64bit plugins outside your DAW while streaming the audio in! (freeing up Live's memory)
From the looks of things, users can't even demo unless they own a usb-elicencer from Steinberg (approx $30) :(

Been using jbridge for now, but alas, much of what you posted above sounds very enticing in addition to loading 64bit vsts.

TallestTowers

Post by TallestTowers » Thu May 24, 2012 3:25 pm

JBlongz wrote:Lion intelligently reallocates RAM when it needs to. Until then, it readily storing recent work.
I get that but with all of the iOS features added in Lion I feel like RAM isn't as intelligently reallocated as it was in 10.6.8. I've never gone into swap just running a set with a bunch of .wav files, for example. Either way, 64 bit Ableton would help. :o

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 pm

No doubt Lion will use more ram than SL.
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Thu May 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Linear Phase wrote:
Fanu wrote:I know this is bashing a dead horse
We are now, "bashing dead horses." What, was it not good enough, just to beat them?
Or, for those of us that speak English, "flog" them.

That's "English" English by the way. You know, your actual English. As in "used in England by its native speakers".

Or, in other words, English.

English.

Flogging a dead horse...
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 pm

English? :?

definition please.

can you use it in a sentence?

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri May 25, 2012 6:18 am

H20nly wrote:English? :?

definition please.

can you use it in a sentence?
Yes. When mastered, this most expressive of languages has ample vocabulary and variations of syntax to express subtleties of intent without recourse to crude primary coloured drawings of human facial expressions.

I thoroughly recommend it. It's the future.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Fri May 25, 2012 9:13 am

beatmunga wrote:That's "English" English by the way. You know, your actual English.
My English?
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri May 25, 2012 10:06 am

Rationalizer wrote:
beatmunga wrote:That's "English" English by the way. You know, your actual English.
My English?
Not specifically, no.

This particular use of the possessive determiner is best explained below:
Dictionary wrote:Belonging to or associated with any person in general: the sight is enough to break your heart.
• informal used to denote someone or something that is familiar or typical of its kind: I'm just your average Joe | she is one of your chatty types

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Fri May 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Ah. But then again, I'm not English.

I might be if Live would have 64 bit support.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri May 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Rationalizer wrote:Ah. But then again, I'm not English.

I might be if Live would have 64 bit support.
I've heard that Finnish makes English look like baby talk. Complex language. Respect.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 25, 2012 4:22 pm

beatmunga wrote: this most expressive of languages
ah so now you're back peddling.
beatmunga wrote:I've heard that Finnish makes English look like baby talk

here's some English for you:

That rather large and ever so pompous cranium you are touting about seems to have become lodged in the most dark and dreary gloom of the inner reaches of your rectum. Would you care for a spot of Salad Cream to rub round it before you attempt to pull your head out your bloody arse?

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Fri May 25, 2012 6:18 pm

H20nly wrote: here's some English for you:

That rather large and ever so pompous cranium you are touting about seems to have become lodged in the most dark and dreary gloom of the inner reaches of your rectum. Would you care for a spot of Salad Cream to rub round it before you attempt to pull your head out your bloody arse?
Challenge accepted :)

Finnish for beginners:

järki = reason, sense, intelligence
järjestää = organise
järjestelmä = organisation
... järjestelmällinen = organised
järjestelmällistyttää = organisationalise
epäjärjestelmällistyttää = unorganisationalise
epäjärjestelmällistyttämätön = having unreflectional attention to antiunorganisationalise
epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyys = unreflectional attention to antiunorganisationalise
epäjärjestelmällistyttämättomyydellä = with unreflectional attention to antiunorganisationalise
epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydellään = with his unreflectional attention to antiunorganisationalise
epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänkö = is it with his unreflectional attention to antiunorganisationalise?
epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänköhän = I wonder if it is possible, with his unreflectional attention to antiunorganisationalise?
epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänköhänkään? = I wonder if it is possible, even with his unreflectional attention to antiunorganisationalise?