UC-33e Controller Doubled CC Numbers

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
crazynuts

UC-33e Controller Doubled CC Numbers

Post by crazynuts » Wed May 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi..

In which way is possible to change control change number for Evolution UC-33e controller in the most easiest way?
I did use ENIGMA but I spent a lot of nerves to change them..
Does it exist any setup where I can find set control number for Evolution UC-33e controller?

Thanks,
Matej

matthews

Re: UC-33e Controller Doubled CC Numbers

Post by matthews » Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 pm

What do you mean by doubling?

I'm assuming you want to change the CC# and/or Channel# of certain knobs/faders....

You can do this natively on the uc33e. I'm not sitting in front of mine right now, so I'm not sure what the exact button functions are called, but above the keypad you will see a set of buttons. Find the buttons that are called (Assign and Channel). Assign changes the individual midi CC, and Channel changes the channel assignment (1-16). Hit whichever button you'd like to adjust, and then move the corresponding knob/fader so it knows to change that specific one. You can then use the +/- keys on the uc33e to change the value to whatever you like. Then you can save the new mapping as a preset.

Heres a link to the manual.
http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/ma ... pg_eng.pdf

crazynuts

Post by crazynuts » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Matthew.. ! (Same name as mine ;)

I did it exactly in that way. I use UC-33e and UC-16 controllers from EVOLUTION.
I clicked to MIDI tab (right upper corner of session view) and click on fader and I move the fader (like it it explained in the manuals you sent me a link). But when I did change the same number channel message (for example 1/8 name for the volume of the 1st channel) was assigned also to the third channel. If it´s probably coz I use two controllers of the same company. I use 2 USB cables to connect them, so probably coz of that Live assign automaticly the same number to 2 different sliders of 2 different controllers.

To edit them I used ENIGMA software. But it was painful to change them. Sometimes worked sometimes it doesn´t.
Do you know any way how to assign different MIDI channel numbers to UC-33e and UC-16?

Thank you a lot ..
Matthew from Matej

matthews

Post by matthews » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Hey,

I'm a little confused here, but I'm happy to try and figure it out with you...

So you have multiple knobs/faders on the same channel? That's not really a problem, as long as each controller is using a unique channel. For Example: All controls on the UC-33 are on Channel 1, and on the UC-16 all controls are on Channel 2. You then can map each CC accordingly. So the UC-33 can be Channel 1 with CC's 1-128 and the UC-16 can be Channel 2 with CC's 1-128. That way Live will see them as two separate controllers, and each parameter will have its own unique assignment. When you used the Enigma software (which I would advise against as its always just created problems for me), it probably assigned similar channel numbers and cc's across both controllers, so you're running into a conflict.

Just go through the UC-33 and UC-16 and make sure that each controller is using its own channel (1 for the UC-33, 2 for the UC-16), and that you don't have multiple CC's mapped on each channel. All of these assignments need to be done natively on the respective controllers, not using Enigma, and live doesn't allow you to set mappings parameters of channels or cc's to the controllers.

So for a quick example, set the faders on the UC-33 to...

Fader 1: Channel 1 - CC 1
Fader 2: Channel 1 - CC 2
Fader 3: Channel 1 - CC 3
Fader 4: Channel 1 - CC 4
etc....

and then, the first row of knobs on the UC-16...
Knob 1: Channel 2 - CC 1
Knob 2: Channel 2 - CC 2
Knob 3: Channel 2 - CC 3
Knob 4: Channel 2 - CC 4

Hope that helps. Also, I hope I'm understanding you're problem correctly. If you set everything up like I've advised above, you shouldn't have any problems with how Live recognizes the controllers mappings. Post back if you're having problems. Cheers.

crazynuts

Post by crazynuts » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi Matthew..

Here´s a copy of MIDI assignment of UC-33. The same CC number was assigned for two different controls. Probably coz on UC-33 I have sliders and pots. See the pic and you understand my problem perfectly.

If it would be assigned the same CC number on UC-33 and UC-16 I could use different presets for each MIDI controller and the problem would be solved. But my problem is coz the same number is assigned on the same MIDI controller (UC-33).

Here´s the pic..

http://www.4shared.com/photo/ezfVfByB/M ... nment.html

Thank you Matthew !!
From Matthew aka. The Crazy Nutss