Quick Render Question Pretty Please-Bitte Schon

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sebastian

Quick Render Question Pretty Please-Bitte Schon

Post by Sebastian » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:53 am

Hi

I know there has been some issues with rendering. Mine works half ok. I choose the loop region etc, and wether I render or loop or not, the final rendrering keeps some tracks but omits others ---doing all audio tracks

pls advise

tks

Sebastian

render anyone?

Post by Sebastian » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:46 am

Bueller?

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:49 am

have you highlighted the other tracks prior to rendering that are being omitted ?

and less than 1 hour with no answer hardly merits 'bumping' your question :wink:
especially when it would be better located to the Bugs&Problems section.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:19 am

ok professor, no homeroom pls.

What I did was highlight the entire section, all tracks of the part I wanted to render. Guitar and drum tracks cant hear after render.

Did forum searches but mot common problems refer to clicks and pops which is not really the "bump" i have encountered yet

pls advise more if possible

stuck

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:28 am

make sure there isn't a mute or volume level that is automated in the tracks you aren't hearing...

and make sure you are highlighting them by clicking the arrow that de-minimizes the track/channel. sometimes a minimized track looks highlighted but actually isn't it. opening it further will give you better visual indication.

supster

Post by supster » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:51 am

easiest way to make sure everything you want to render in Arrange view is to

- make sure the entire timespan is bracketed

- click on the top of the brackets

if none of the track you want rendered are muted, and you hear everything you should be hearing coming out of the Master when you test it but its still missing audio when you listen back .. then adam is right and somewhere during the arrangment you have mutes automated

otherwise its a bug. Render always renders everything coming out of the master out

--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:44 am

I always bracket the loop, then choose "Select Loop" from Edit menu, then Render. Also, make sure the tracks that aren't rendering are routed appropriately and have the correct monitoring status.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:39 pm

thanks guys. Since Im new to the program, Im not sure how to check for automated mutes. I suspect this is indeed the problem.

Also, I assume monitoring should alwyas be "ON"?