Using MIDI controller (OhmRGB) to control Sylenth1?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Domokun

Using MIDI controller (OhmRGB) to control Sylenth1?

Post by Domokun » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:45 am

Hey guys,

Just to clarify here, I'm 100% aware that what I want to do here is more than likely limiting the potential of an incredible MIDI instrument such as the OhmRGB. This I know, but regardless, I'd like to at least try it.

With that said, my DAW is Ableton 8. I have a few VTS plugs that I use but Sylenth1 is the one I'm using 99% of the time.

I am trying to figure out if there's a way for me to map the OhmRGB (or any MIDI controller for that matter) to strictly control the parameters on Sylenth1 in Ableton.

An example would be, in Sylenth1, mapping the 4 ASDR sliders in amp envelope A to the four sliders on the lower left of the controller. Also, say, assigning the Oscillator1 knobs (ie. volume, phase, stereo, detune, pan) to be controlled by particular knobs on the controller.

Lastly, would it be possible to go as far as to assign the piano keys that are located at the bottom of the Sylenth1 VST plugin to the buttons in the center of the OhmRGB?

I know this seems like a somewhat odd use for a MIDI controller like this but I think it'd be cool to try.

If all this is possible, would I be able to save a template so that every time I fire up Sylenth1, the OhmRGB is automatically mapped to Sylenth1 how I previously configured it?

I would obviously not try to assign anything to the effects in the center LED of Sylenth1 (i.e. Arpeg, Distort, Phaser, etc. as they're not "permanent" type fixtures on the VST.

Hope I've made it clear as to way I'd like to do here. If this doesn't make sense then I'd be happy to describe in further detail.

Basically I want to assign knobs and sliders from a specific MIDI controller to a VST running in Ableton (not standalone) and have it saved so I don't have to go in and re-assign every time I start a new session.

I'm sincerely grateful in advance for any help on how I can go about doing this.

Domokun

Re: Using MIDI controller (OhmRGB) to control Sylenth1?

Post by Domokun » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Anyone?

Domokun

Post by Domokun » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 am

Really? Not one person has even a lead on how to do this?

synthbob

Post by synthbob » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi,

Click on configure in the sylenth window (not the sylenth gui but the ableton window for the plugin). When its green just click on any parameter on the synth. These parameters will appear as sliders in the plug in window. Then click out of configure and go to midi assign and assign these to your controller.

Hope this helps.....

Domokun

Post by Domokun » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:34 am

SynthBob,

Worked perfectly, thank you!! :D