All times are UTC

Post subject: Difference in hotkeys - mac/pc
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:48 am 

Hi,

I've just made the switch from live 8 on the pc to live 8 on the mac. In the sequencer on pc version of live you can hold down alt + arrow key to nudge along the note with out having to turn the grid off. On the mac I does not do this. all I can do is highlight the row/notes and then while holding the command key lengthen or shorten the note(s). Is this a pc only feature?

Cheers!

Will

Post subject: Re: Difference in hotkeys - mac/pc
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 pm 

No, the shortcuts are there on both, but all the function keys are arse about on the mac (or on the pc, depending how you look at it at). It's a pain if you use both.

Post subject: Re: Difference in hotkeys - mac/pc
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:24 pm 

I cant find any way to nudge the notes without turning the grid off.

Welcome to life on Mac OSX, hope you visit my webite.

"Cursors (arrow keys)

Use to move around - left to right, or up and down, in Ableton. Up down cursor also moves a loop by the loop length which is very useful. You have to select the loop at it's top for this to work. Cursors will also move a selected note up/down or left/right. Alter values of numbers, rotate knobs and move sliders. With the grid off, arrow keys will move notes incrementally right or left, and holding shift with the arrow keys will increase or decrease their lengths incrementally."

from my site, page 2