Beat The Clock Results - A Little Bit Dodgy???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
needaname

Re: Beat The Clock Results - A Little Bit Dodgy???

Post by needaname » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:50 pm

I just think the jury will listen to the first 25 tracks like they said, Bill's going to win and they'll find into the first 25 entries 2 of them who are ok for 2nd and 3rd positions.
I'd suggest them to listen at least to the first 5 / 10 pages lol, but there's too much stuff, I don't think they'll listen to more than the first page. :lol:

polybiusmusic

Post by polybiusmusic » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:52 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
polybiusmusic wrote:just in the first couple of days you could spot right away songs that had a ridiculous amount of votes with crappy music!

Hope ableton does something about this.
c'mon Ableton pls..this mr. justice really wants to win so bad, he wrote like this all the time:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180603&p=1410493#p1410493
and talking bad about others..with anger. Pls don't let him cry all day, let him just win :twisted:
he got a strange sc account with just 1 follower https://soundcloud.com/polybius with an all deleted songs, not sure why..
but he's so good, that allows him for being such a hater, and called other's people works such as crappy and rubbish..he's a real gentleman, so honest..a true legit player. If it's because of me that you loose. It's a pleasure :D

FYI, this is my soundcloud www.soundcloud.com/alchemy1

Psychoactive_Music

Post by Psychoactive_Music » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:23 pm

I just missed out on getting in the top 25............................ pages.

but at least I got lots of spam comments

I had a lot of fun with this too. The sense of occasion, the majesty of the competition, The wanting to fly the flag for ableton and show off what we can do to other daw users. Frankly im embarrassed by the no1 and no2 tracks. The 24 hour deadline was a great idea though, and even better that time coudlnt be paused. I had LOTS of coffee.

check out my entry. And please, dont vote for me

http://contest.ableton.com/tracks/435

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:51 am

polybiusmusic wrote:FYI, this is my soundcloud http://www.soundcloud.com/alchemy1
So..that one is not yours?!? search.php?author_id=135029&sr=posts
I saw that you was really proud about it back days. Until suddenly everything are deleted and you seem to be ashamed of it now. hmm..maybe you also think that after all, even your music is crappy and rubish too :D
In fact since the first post, other than asking people to listen to your mashups and some other tracks, plus a remix for a contest..you have no contribution to the forum at all. Which is almost like a spammer to me..and now all of the sudden, you came up as mr. Justice. Crying out loud for somebody to get slayed from the top 25, so you can get in. What a decent scenario!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

polybiusmusic

Post by polybiusmusic » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:02 am

Okay, I got carried away.
You're right, I was wrong.
I had no right on making such harsh comments.
So I'm sorry.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 am

FYI, the final top 25 can now be accessed at http://contest.ableton.com/popular

We've made adjustments where necessary to remove votes that were obtained outside of the terms of the contest. Thanks everyone for your feedback, and congratulations to the top 25!

Lastly, now that the voting period is over, I'd like to encourage everyone to try and relax a bit. If you didn't make it, there will be more opportunities in the future! This is far from the last contest that Ableton will ever run. In fact, if you're quick, there's still a couple days left to enter the Bloc + Cosmin TRG contest, with prizes from Ableton, Bloc, Loopmasters, Novation and Live-courses.com. Grab the free Live Pack from Loopmasters.

parable66

Post by parable66 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:25 am

Ableton_David wrote:FYI, the final top 25 can now be accessed at http://contest.ableton.com/popular

We've made adjustments where necessary to remove votes that were obtained outside of the terms of the contest. Thanks everyone for your feedback, and congratulations to the top 25!

Lastly, now that the voting period is over, I'd like to encourage everyone to try and relax a bit. If you didn't make it, there will be more opportunities in the future! This is far from the last contest that Ableton will ever run. In fact, if you're quick, there's still a couple days left to enter the Bloc + Cosmin TRG contest, with prizes from Ableton, Bloc, Loopmasters, Novation and Live-courses.com. Grab the free Live Pack from Loopmasters.

Oh nice! I made it! When are the e-mails sent out requesting the sessions?

mozzatron

Post by mozzatron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:33 am

Ableton_David wrote:FYI, the final top 25 can now be accessed at http://contest.ableton.com/popular

Thanks David

Glad to see the cheats got the boot!

Good luck to everyone else in the top 25....just had a listen to all the entries and there are some great tracks in there

parable66

Post by parable66 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:40 am

mozzatron wrote:

Thanks David

Glad to see the cheats got the boot!

Good luck to everyone else in the top 25....just had a listen to all the entries and there are some great tracks in there

Good luck my friend! :lol: I dont know how this is even possible! I am humbled

musicstem

Post by musicstem » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Good luck everyone, thanks Mozzatron for making people aware of everything. I was 28th, so quite pleased with that and you never know, if 3 people can't be contacted then I'll be in with a chance :P

:)

musicstem

Post by musicstem » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Just out of interest, was wondering why some of the people in top 25 that had over 700 votes, are still in top 25, but just had votes reduced rather than being disqualified?

Thanks

mozzatron

Post by mozzatron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:37 pm

musicstem wrote:Good luck everyone, thanks Mozzatron for making people aware of everything. I was 28th, so quite pleased with that and you never know, if 3 people can't be contacted then I'll be in with a chance :P

:)

Fingers crossed for you mate!

CyberNova

Post by CyberNova » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:56 pm

yess!!! i got into the top 25!!! it is a very nice surprise :) thanks to Mozzatron that got me aware of what was going on, if it wasn't for him i wouldn't have checked the results page anymore :) this contest is leaving me more and more happy times!!! big up to all the finalists!!!!

p.s. the question now is: there will be an e-mail sent to those who classified among the 25 pos? probably it's a dumb question, but... you never know :)

mozzatron

Post by mozzatron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:06 pm

CyberNova wrote:yess!!! i got into the top 25!!! it is a very nice surprise :) thanks to Mozzatron that got me aware of what was going on, if it wasn't for him i wouldn't have checked the results page anymore :) this contest is leaving me more and more happy times!!! big up to all the finalists!!!!

p.s. the question now is: there will be an e-mail sent to those who classified among the 25 pos? probably it's a dumb question, but... you never know :)
No problem mate, your talent got you where you are!

I should imagine that we will be asked to submit our Ableton file with all the parts etc?

CyberNova

Post by CyberNova » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

mozzatron wrote:No problem mate, your talent got you where you are!

I should imagine that we will be asked to submit our Ableton file with all the parts etc?

that's for sure, it's in the rules of the contest, i was wondering about the range of time, for i have a gig in London next saturday and will be staying for 5 days there, but no big deal, the only thing needed is an internet connectione, the files travel with me :D