Ableton Live Arrangement View

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jezjonson

Ableton Live Arrangement View

Post by jezjonson » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:59 am

Does anyone know if you can change the current volume of a track in Ableton without having to fold down the automation and info lanes?

I love Ableton but thought there might be a way of altering a track's volume whilst in UNFOLDED view with no waveforms showing.

Maybe it's an easy solve? Hope so ! Jez

jezjonson

Re: Ableton Live Arrangement View

Post by jezjonson » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:27 am

I've just realised that you can change the volume of each track quite easily in session view.

then

I added a UTILITY to each track in arrangement view, which enabled me to do the volume changes.

There must be an EVEN BETTER way though ! Hopefully ..............

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:56 pm

don`t think there`S a better way.
i just made a standard template where i already have 1 eq and 1 utility on every track.
don`t know how it could be easier :-)
if you get used to it, its the same amount of work

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:41 pm

you could use Trackdefs, which saves the volume on your track as a template as opens up that setting on every new track:
http://beatwise.proboards.com/index.cgi ... thread=709

sadly it doesn't save racks and devices per track :/

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:31 pm

jezjonson wrote: There must be an EVEN BETTER way though ! Hopefully ..............
empty audio fx rack with 1 chain.

cpyatak

Post by cpyatak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Actually, isn't there a thing in CLYPHX where you can create a track with say, an instrument rack, and have the knobs on the rack control different track volumes? Then you could have one track for control of the volume of the others... When I started digging into Clyphx I semi remember seeing something like that... obviously I didn't get too far into it!

Chris

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:58 pm

cpyatak wrote:Actually, isn't there a thing in CLYPHX where you can create a track with say, an instrument rack, and have the knobs on the rack control different track volumes? Then you could have one track for control of the volume of the others... When I started digging into Clyphx I semi remember seeing something like that... obviously I didn't get too far into it!

Chris
yep.. it's called 'macrobat' and it's a feature of clyphx
but unfortunately it doesn't work when automated.. if that sort of thing is important to ya..

cpyatak

Post by cpyatak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:03 pm

3dot... wrote:
cpyatak wrote:Actually, isn't there a thing in CLYPHX where you can create a track with say, an instrument rack, and have the knobs on the rack control different track volumes? Then you could have one track for control of the volume of the others... When I started digging into Clyphx I semi remember seeing something like that... obviously I didn't get too far into it!

Chris
yep.. it's called 'macrobat' and it's a feature of clyphx
but unfortunately it doesn't work when automated.. if that sort of thing is important to ya..
Thanks 3Dot.

Can you say more about what you were getting at regarding an empty fx rack and one chain?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:09 pm

yeah just use the 'chain mixer' volume for your volume control...
it can be automated.. and has a bigger volume range (downwards) than 'utility'...

kirillov

Post by kirillov » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:42 am

yes, like that:

cheers