M-Audio Axiom knobs extremely slow or extremely fast...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
theviewer1985

M-Audio Axiom knobs extremely slow or extremely fast...

Post by theviewer1985 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Hey guys

SO i just got a M Audio Axiom 49 keyboard. I set it up by dumping the presets in the control surface options in ableton and then selecting track and remote underneath

In other words, Its setup correctly (i think)

My problem is the Axiom rotary knobs will take ALOT of turns to fully increase a knob on ableton. Im talking about 8 full spins on the keyboard will result in one full spin onscreen.

I know i can change the Accelerator curve on the Axiom itself. It has 3 options of this. But they arent doing what I would want out of a knob. They adjust how much a knob moves depending on how fast you turn it. I basically want to have complete control of the knob and if i turn it half way, then i expect the knob onscreen to turn half way regardless if i turn in slowly or quickly

Just as a wild guess, when i turn the axiom knobs, they click. Each click is effectivly "1 midi value" on screen. If i could make each click become 2 or even 3 midi values then i guess it would have a more natural feel

dr_loop

Re: M-Audio Axiom knobs extremely slow or extremely fast...

Post by dr_loop » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:37 am

...I basically want to have complete control of the knob and if i turn it half way, then i expect the knob onscreen to turn half way regardless if i turn in slowly or quickly
... then the knobs of the Axiom are not for you. You want just regular Knobs, not incremental ones.

But, if you really want to have complete control then the Axiom-type knobs are imo by far the best option, move fast for big value changes, move slow for fine adjustment. And they are always on spot, no need to turn knob to take up value.

On the other hand, a little bit harder to set up, and no visual feedback on the knob itself (in case of the Axiom at least).

!! God is the Loop !!