Collision Feedback Bug

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
roringtonsmithe

Collision Feedback Bug

Post by roringtonsmithe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:55 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this isn't the appropriate place to post this.
I have only recently been having an issue with the Collision instrument emitting a strange feedback buzz whenever it's used for a period of time. Not quite sure why it's decided to start doing this now and was wondering if this is something anyone else may have encountered.

If you are wondering what I mean you can get the wav and als file from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ve2qw22tdrygd5d/xWPcLsmdu5

Cheers.

Bacid90210

Re: Collision Feedback Bug

Post by Bacid90210 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 am

Same Problem over here. Any Solutions ?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:48 pm

are the decay times very high in any of the resonators ?

tintala

Post by tintala » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:04 pm

I have the same problem with the REVERB as a send effect. it always PEAKS OUT IN RED WITH FEEDBACK to the point I have to turn it off or remove it.... it's only the REVERB that does this... Of course a send's dry/wet should be full.

orionka

Post by orionka » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:19 pm

has somebody found a solution for this?
It is sometimes triggered by a change of parameters... beside of this, I don't know what causes this.

knightsdelights

Post by knightsdelights » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:13 am

I am having the same problem with Collision: a loud feedback-like sound which occurs immediately on the first MIDI note. Lowering the Decay time on the resonators didn't help. It was odd, though, that as I was adjusting the decay time on them I heard a strange popping sound as I scrolled in the values. Another strange thing is that it seems to occur randomly. I'll open the project one day and it will do it and then the next day be fine. Ableton, please address this or help guide us through the troubleshooting process. It would be a nightmare to have this occur onstage. Thanks.

knightsdelights

Post by knightsdelights » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:19 am

Update: if I turn the reverb off in the chain it reverts to normal. Once I've done this I can even turn the reverb back on with the same settings and it will sound normally. Weird.