DJ-Tech Mixer One mapping ableton

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
buzkin

DJ-Tech Mixer One mapping ableton

Post by buzkin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:27 am

hello dear ableton-community,

i'd really need your help. I recently bought a dj-tech mixer one for controlling midi actions in ableton.
but how do i connect the mixer with ableton? - windows says drivers are installed perfectly but no lights on the mixer are showing up nor any recognition in ableton.
would really appreciate any help, couldn't find anything in the net..

thanks

buzkin

Re: DJ-Tech Mixer One mapping ableton

Post by buzkin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 am

anybody?

buzkin

Post by buzkin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:52 am

anybody?

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:00 am

I'd imagine, same as any other midi controller. Find it in the midi in bit of the preferences, set track to on. Then assign knobs and sliders to what you want.

What did you try doing? What did or didn't happen?

buzkin

Post by buzkin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:06 am

it wont recognize in ableton as anything..
i connect the mixer, windows drivers installed correctly but it seems, that the manufator never thaugt of implementing this mixer into ableton's midi-ability.
very disappointing.
i think i could only solve the problem by getting a midi map for the mixer in ableton.
but im hardly into programming so i asked here, if anyone once made a midi-map so that i can assign the knobs faders to ableton.

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:30 am

You mean it doesn't appear in the midi device list where you set the track, remote and sync options? Any generic midi controller should show here. Unless this thing is tied to a particular software. Does it say it can be used as a general purpose midi controller?

Note- it doesn't need to be available as a control surface. That's just added functionality.

buzkin

Post by buzkin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 am

product description:

The Mixer One is a professional DJ USB-midi mixer controller designed specifically to enjoy the mixer emulation of the dj pro softwares. Compact and full featured layout,(…yet easy to use) to mix without losing a beat.

The built-in powered 2 port USB hub make it the ideal partner for the Kontrol One midi controller. Just connect a single USB cable to the computer for a full dj setup! (Mixer One + 2 Kontrol One). Mixer One is a partnership product of DJ-Tech and Kontrol Dj hardware manufacturers. Mixer One will satisfy the needs of the dj’s, that still want the tactile experience of Djing, with digital media in computer based systems.

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:43 am

Right. But what about the midi preferences? You've still not said anything about that.

You should see something appear under midi port- input. Maybe just called usb device or something. That would be it. Set to track, exit preferences and turn a knob. You should see a little light in top right of live window come on as you move it. If so, it's working.

buzkin

Post by buzkin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

andydes wrote:Right. But what about the midi preferences? You've still not said anything about that.

You should see something appear under midi port- input. Maybe just called usb device or something. That would be it. Set to track, exit preferences and turn a knob. You should see a little light in top right of live window come on as you move it. If so, it's working.
no as i said, the mixer is not recognized in no way from ableton.
nothing in the midi input/output settings.
i have two controllers i know how to set em up.
the problem is especially this controller right here.
but thanks though

buzkin

Post by buzkin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 pm

i think the controller shall only work with traktor or primary with deckadance.
too bad that ableton wont recognize it as just a "thing" assigning something with

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Ok, sorry if I was being patronising. Wasn't clear if you knew what you were doing or just a bit useless.

Can't really help then. At least I bumped it though.

buzkin

Post by buzkin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:22 pm

andydes wrote:Ok, sorry if I was being patronising. Wasn't clear if you knew what you were doing or just a bit useless.

Can't really help then. At least I bumped it though.
okay too bad.
appreciate the help!!