Arturia Moog Modular Sequencer

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nephew

Arturia Moog Modular Sequencer

Post by Nephew » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Does anyone know of any good tutorials (text or video) on this bad boy works? Getting the hang of being able to route stuff and make it do what I want, but the sequencer just isn't making any sense to me. Never really worked with any sequencers before so this is a bit of learning curve for me at the moment.

Cheers guys, thanks in advance and and as always I appreciate the help

donmich

Re: Arturia Moog Modular Sequencer

Post by donmich » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:32 pm

I never really bothered with it precisely because it seemed so poorly desribed in the manual that I never sat down with it with manual in hand.
I havent seen any in depth vids on how to use any of artirias software.
When asked about it they said their assumption was that anyone who is interested in those particular emulations would already have a working understanding. Thats a really rookie marketing blunder man.

The only thng I can suggest is loading up the sequenced patches and backward engineer them. Unplug and turn things one by one, pay atttention o routing etc... I plan on getting around to it soon myself.

Spectrumdisco

Post by Spectrumdisco » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 am

Its well with the effort, great VST

donmich

Post by donmich » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Speaking of which I just discovered last night that the square and random wave LFO's dont work the same as the sine and others. Apparently in the whole time I have had it I havent reached for the square lfos :roll:

So just a basic use: square modifying the LPF - how do you do it? Manual doesnt mention anything unusual about it.

donmich

Post by donmich » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Update:

You have to turn the "manual" knob ) whatever that is in the LFO module to make it do something.

But a new issue - it doesnt retrig in midi sync mode. Retrig button at the bottom is apparently for envelopes on mono mode.