Live 8 gets 64bit support.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
deanthomastunes

Re: Live 8 gets 64bit support.

Post by deanthomastunes » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:50 pm

This is no good to me as almost all my plug-ins are 32-bit.
Progressive/Tech/Uplifting Trance
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

LATEST RELEASES
BUY HERE

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:59 pm

So what's the deal with JBridge? Do you load jbridge as a wrapper? What happens when one of your plug-ins goes 64 bit, but it keeps the same plug-in name on a mac (so it's in the same folder)? Will it automatically replace the 32 jbridge version where you have that loaded in your projects?
Professional Shark Jumper.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:10 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:So what's the deal with JBridge? Do you load jbridge as a wrapper? What happens when one of your plug-ins goes 64 bit, but it keeps the same plug-in name on a mac (so it's in the same folder)? Will it automatically replace the 32 jbridge version where you have that loaded in your projects?
When u install jbridge, it creates a specific folder where it creates a copy of the 32bit plugins you specify and you want to use in a 64bit daw. Its these copies u drag if u want to use. The original plugin is still in its original location If a plugin becomes 64 bit, u can just install that and dont use the jbridged version. It's been great for the money he charges as all my plugs haved worked. I dont know anything about wrapping technology so no comment on that. I do have the occasional crash, but notthat often given this is still in beta. I might install 8.4 and see how it goes and will post findings if i do.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 pm

deanthomastunes wrote:This is no good to me as almost all my plug-ins are 32-bit.
If you are using the beta, do what you are doing now. Have 32 and 64 bit versions of each app.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Tone Deft wrote:it's a trip to just see '64 bit' next to the word Live in the downloads.

guess some people are gonna finally finish those Epic tracks.
I can finally get some rest. :lol:

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:23 pm

nuxnamon wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:So what's the deal with JBridge? Do you load jbridge as a wrapper? What happens when one of your plug-ins goes 64 bit, but it keeps the same plug-in name on a mac (so it's in the same folder)? Will it automatically replace the 32 jbridge version where you have that loaded in your projects?
When u install jbridge, it creates a specific folder where it creates a copy of the 32bit plugins you specify and you want to use in a 64bit daw. Its these copies u drag if u want to use. The original plugin is still in its original location If a plugin becomes 64 bit, u can just install that and dont use the jbridged version. It's been great for the money he charges as all my plugs haved worked. I dont know anything about wrapping technology so no comment on that. I do have the occasional crash, but notthat often given this is still in beta. I might install 8.4 and see how it goes and will post findings if i do.
What if you're using Novation automap wrapped plug-ins, will it allow that?
Professional Shark Jumper.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:26 pm

ekwipt wrote:Seriously to all the people asking for 32bit bridge inside Ableton.

EAT A :arrow: D I C K

I think it's time for plugin manufacturers to move to 64bit, I hope Ableton and Logic force everyone to go 64bit only and force everyone to go 64bit

Or die a slow and horrible developer death
You look rather arrogant dick to me. Customer won't welcome an enforcement. Practically, many pros are still using their favorite 32bit plugins.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:04 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
nuxnamon wrote:
What if you're using Novation automap wrapped plug-ins, will it allow that?
Sorry i dont know. I abandoned automap a long time ago when i sold my sl keyboard

FrankieP

Post by FrankieP » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:03 am

ekwipt wrote:Seriously to all the people asking for 32bit bridge inside Ableton.

EAT A :arrow: D I C K

I think it's time for plugin manufacturers to move to 64bit, I hope Ableton and Logic force everyone to go 64bit only and force everyone to go 64bit

Or die a slow and horrible developer death

:roll:

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:52 am

OH SHIT!!!!!!

I said there'd never be a 64 bit version of L8 or I'd eat my hat, and they'd save it for L9.

Fuck it. Where's my cap and the ketchup. :oops:

nek4life

Post by nek4life » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am

Just downloaded the Mac version and loaded up a project. The project seemed to load a lot quicker and cpu usage was lower. However, one of my fm8 bass patches sounds much different in 64-bit mode than in 32-bit more. Not sure if this is Ableton or something up with FM8.. Just thought I'd report my findings regardless.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:39 am

Just wanted to say I think it's great. I have no complaints, they did all the right things here, and I'm happy for the people who need a 64 bit DAW. 8)

Also if they beat Digital Performer 8 with a stable non beta version that essentially leaves only Pro Tools that's not 64 bit, so congrats on beating Pro Tools and maybe even DP8 which is a little late out the door!

Linear Phase

Post by Linear Phase » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:46 am

nek4life wrote:Just downloaded the Mac version and loaded up a project. The project seemed to load a lot quicker and cpu usage was lower. However, one of my fm8 bass patches sounds much different in 64-bit mode than in 32-bit more. Not sure if this is Ableton or something up with FM8.. Just thought I'd report my findings regardless.

FM 8 out of wack. Noted..
Linear Phase has left the building..

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:02 am

if this confuses things, yer fucked.
yeah, yer fucked. HA yer out of line bitches, OUT, OF, LINE

sorry bitches
YER FUCKED.

whaaat

parma

Post by parma » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:46 am

Tone Deft wrote:
John Cryptic wrote:Any change in the system performance;(CPU-cores),etc.
sounds like a Performance Test thread is in order. 8.3.2 32 bit vs 64 bit.
Did the "Live 8 Performance Test" (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=111880)

8.3.2 - 28-29%
8.4 beta - 25-26%

First gen Mac Pro (6 years old already 8O )
Running OSX 10.6.8
2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon
9 GB RAM

Seeing a 3-4% decrease in CPU hit. Nice little bonus.