Native Instruments Sale!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ReThink

Native Instruments Sale!!

Post by ReThink » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Head on over there...50% off of updates, upgrades, and crossgrades.

http://www.native-instruments.com/speci ... -of-sound/
"...it takes a great deal of effort to appear effortless." - N.S.

simpleton

Re: Native Instruments Sale!!

Post by simpleton » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Bastards!
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 pm

I updated to K7 from K5 (also an update and so on and so forth). Question is it worth going to K8 to get GR-5 Pro, Kontakt 5 + one other instrument and some effect(s) and additional samples for Absyth and others? It's also the same price I paid last year for the update ($114.50). I don't use a lot of NI stuff but I've been with Komplete since K2 came out (skipped 3 and 4 I think, 6 too).

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:17 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:I updated to K7 from K5 (also an update and so on and so forth). Question is it worth going to K8 to get GR-5 Pro, Kontakt 5 + one other instrument and some effect(s) and additional samples for Absyth and others? It's also the same price I paid last year for the update ($114.50). I don't use a lot of NI stuff but I've been with Komplete since K2 came out (skipped 3 and 4 I think, 6 too).

Mike

I’d say if you are going to do it and can afford it I’d go for the Ultimate upgrade for all the extra sound and sample content. It’s a steal compared to if you bought each add-on separately. But I don’t think the upgrade to just the stock version of Komplete is really worth it.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:26 pm

beats me wrote:
darkenedsoul wrote:I updated to K7 from K5 (also an update and so on and so forth). Question is it worth going to K8 to get GR-5 Pro, Kontakt 5 + one other instrument and some effect(s) and additional samples for Absyth and others? It's also the same price I paid last year for the update ($114.50). I don't use a lot of NI stuff but I've been with Komplete since K2 came out (skipped 3 and 4 I think, 6 too).

Mike

I’d say if you are going to do it and can afford it I’d go for the Ultimate upgrade for all the extra sound and sample content. It’s a steal compared to if you bought each add-on separately. But I don’t think the upgrade to just the stock version of Komplete is really worth it.
Well, I can justify the update to K8 for $114.50, but not sure I want to go further in the hole for Ultimate which is I think $389.xx if I read it right on the page. That's a bit much considering Live 9 will cost to update to should I want to go to that version. ROIC isn't happening (I am not a DJ and sales weren't super as it was of my prior releases, i.e. can't quit my day job and have no illusions of being able to) and this is more hobbyist vs real income for me, and has been for some time. Getting GR-5 Pro, K5 and 1300 more patches for Absynth, Massive and FM8 isn't a bad deal for the update price.

Mike
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:21 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:
beats me wrote:

Mike

Well, I can justify the update to K8 for $114.50, but not sure I want to go further in the hole for Ultimate which is I think $389.xx if I read it right on the page. That's a bit much considering Live 9 will cost to update to should I want to go to that version. ROIC isn't happening (I am not a DJ and sales weren't super as it was of my prior releases, i.e. can't quit my day job and have no illusions of being able to) and this is more hobbyist vs real income for me, and has been for some time. Getting GR-5 Pro, K5 and 1300 more patches for Absynth, Massive and FM8 isn't a bad deal for the update price.

Mike

I don’t disagree with you, but I use my NI plugs infrequently so that leaves a lot untapped and I don’t need to pile more on top of that for any price. I’ve just been interested in some of the individual add-ons that come standard with Ultimate and in a way look at those individual packs as less daunting than over 1000 random presets for the plug-ins. The add-ons are usually tied to a specific sound or genre.

I’m passing on either option. Also one of the turn offs for me is the insane amount of drive space you need and you can’t use the included drive for that storage.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Don't forget that a couple weeks after NI does their summer 50% off deal, the next version of Komplete usually arrives.
Professional Shark Jumper.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:23 pm

beats me wrote:
darkenedsoul wrote:
beats me wrote:
I don’t disagree with you, but I use my NI plugs infrequently so that leaves a lot untapped and I don’t need to pile more on top of that for any price. I’ve just been interested in some of the individual add-ons that come standard with Ultimate and in a way look at those individual packs as less daunting than over 1000 random presets for the plug-ins. The add-ons are usually tied to a specific sound or genre.

I’m passing on either option. Also one of the turn offs for me is the insane amount of drive space you need and you can’t use the included drive for that storage.
I know that was rather strange to be installation only type of setup for it. I just would like sounds for martial/dark ambient off some of their instruments which leads to FM8, Massive, Absynth and Kontakt for symphonic/percussive stuff. I may pass on it now as well since I got more than enough stuff to troll through and experiment with. K5 would be nice, perhaps $59.50 for it in itself....

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:25 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:
beats me wrote:

Mike

Mike
what do you get? i havent looked, but we got a lot of content FOC with an update to these 3 synths not so long back.

aleme

Post by aleme » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:36 am

such discounts are always a sign that they will release the next komplete version soon, where some of the stuff will be available in the update then. parasites. lol

edit: sorry glitchrock, didn´t read your post.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:
darkenedsoul wrote:
beats me wrote:I updated to K7 from K5 (also an update and so on and so forth). Question is it worth going to K8 to get GR-5 Pro, Kontakt 5 + one other instrument and some effect(s) and additional samples for Absyth and others? It's also the same price I paid last year for the update ($114.50). I don't use a lot of NI stuff but I've been with Komplete since K2 came out (skipped 3 and 4 I think, 6 too).

what do you get? i havent looked, but we got a lot of content FOC with an update to these 3 synths not so long back.
Kontakt 5, Guitar Rig Pro 5, ummm one other instrument update (Reaktor 5.6?), 1300patches of additional stuff for Massive, Absynth and FM8 I believe, a new effect plugin I think. Chcek their site to do a comparison between K7 and K8. Wouldn't mind Kontakt 5 + content update but also need to check for any *free of charge* content added via service center.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:53 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:
Slightlydelic wrote:
darkenedsoul wrote:
Kontakt 5, Guitar Rig Pro 5, ummm one other instrument update (Reaktor 5.6?), 1300patches of additional stuff for Massive, Absynth and FM8 I believe, a new effect plugin I think. Chcek their site to do a comparison between K7 and K8. Wouldn't mind Kontakt 5 + content update but also need to check for any *free of charge* content added via service center.
There were some cool reaktor products included too like the finger, Prism, Spark as well as some new Kontakt instruments like the Studio Drummer, West Africa, 60's drums, etc. Oh and also some new effects like reflektor and Traktors 12. Don't remember if Vintage Organs were V7 or 8,or when the scarbee bass and keyboards came in. I went from 6 to 8 so maybe I'm wrong about what was new in 8.
Professional Shark Jumper.