Melodyne Editor?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
heavensdaw

Re: Melodyne Editor?

Post by heavensdaw » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Just to say I've put my money were my illusions lie ... And bought the upgrade.. Really looking forward to giving this a right royal going over! 8)

Hd

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 pm

It's not good on extracting MIDI from a full mix...isolated parts, yes.

I've even used it to sing in parts that are beyond my keyboard chops (using the resulting MIDI file to play a synth)...works really well.

As far as "not using it a ton" I'll say that until I got it I had no idea how much difference fixing a slightly out of tune guitar track could make 8O

It's great for pulling out unwanted noises and fixing small phrasing gaffes, once it's salvaged an "almost perfect" take you will be only too glad to buy it 8)

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Cheers for that doghouse..

I downloaded Editor yesterday and had a little play at cleaning up a pretty wacky/hectic acoustic guitar take I recorded the other day ... wowsa I can't believe how incredible this is... the possibilities are endless,, Audio becomes as manipulatable as midi and vise versa!!

The vocal recording, transferring, to midi is something I'm really looking forward to digging into... 'Found sounds' and field recordings also I think are going to take a completely new dimension.. the mind truly boggles!! :mrgreen:

Hd