Sampler or synth that lets you scroll through waveforms?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tweekhead

Sampler or synth that lets you scroll through waveforms?

Post by Tweekhead » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Hello,

I bought AfroDjMac's Juno 106 pack and love it. He did a really great job. He has a macro mapped out to sample select which got me thinking, what if I could map out 127 different waveforms and map them similarly in the sampler. The only issue I'm running into is that I'd like to be able to hold a key on the keyboard and turn the sample select knob, hearing the sampler cycle through the waveforms. Currently it just continues playing the same sample that was first selected until I release the key and press it again.

I guess I'm looking to do something similar to the Harvestman's Piston Honda. At least the scrolling through waveforms part.
Any Max4Live devices someone already made, or can I do this with Sampler?
I thought about connecting all the wavforms together into one big sample and just using granulator, but I thought I'd put this out there first.

Thanks!

Tweekhead

Tweekhead

Re: Sampler or synth that lets you scroll through waveforms?

Post by Tweekhead » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:48 am

Hello again!

I just selected a folder I had with 258 waveforms in it, dragged and dropped them into Live's arrange view, and they all lined up back to back. I them consolidated them into 1 big audio file that I loaded into Monolake's Granulator and it's exactly what I wanted:D I can play notes and sweep through the waveforms.

A big gigantic thank you to Robert Henke "Monolake" for sharing his amazing instruments!

spinflux

Post by spinflux » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Tweekhead wrote:Hello again!

I just selected a folder I had with 258 waveforms in it, dragged and dropped them into Live's arrange view, and they all lined up back to back. I them consolidated them into 1 big audio file that I loaded into Monolake's Granulator and it's exactly what I wanted:D I can play notes and sweep through the waveforms.

A big gigantic thank you to Robert Henke "Monolake" for sharing his amazing instruments!
Yeah, Granulator is awesome. I use version 1.0.3. and I have a question for you Tweekhead. Pressing a key launches a double note in the specified area. Robert explained me once why, yet I cannot find his e-mail reply. Do you know why there are two notes following each other?

Tweekhead

Post by Tweekhead » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Hello!

I'm not sure I follow the issue your having. I took 258 waveforms and merged them into one file. At this point the way I'm using granulator is I set the grain size down to about 7.18 Hz, and ADSR at A= 1.00 ms D=119 ms S= -3.4 db R= 1.00 s.

I'm then moving through the audio file with the file position knob, but I'm doing this while holding the command button to get smaller increments of movement.

These waveforms were single cycle, to maybe 2 cycles at most, so they were very tiny. Did you want me to email you the session with the instrument and sample? It's a 1.8 meg zip file.

My email address is: phaudio(at)hotmail(dot)com
Otherwise is there a way I can post a new message with the attachment?

Sorry if this doesn't help you out!

spinflux

Post by spinflux » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Tweekhead wrote:Hello!

I'm not sure I follow the issue your having. I took 258 waveforms and merged them into one file. At this point the way I'm using granulator is I set the grain size down to about 7.18 Hz, and ADSR at A= 1.00 ms D=119 ms S= -3.4 db R= 1.00 s.

I'm then moving through the audio file with the file position knob, but I'm doing this while holding the command button to get smaller increments of movement.

These waveforms were single cycle, to maybe 2 cycles at most, so they were very tiny. Did you want me to email you the session with the instrument and sample? It's a 1.8 meg zip file.

My email address is: phaudio(at)hotmail(dot)com
Otherwise is there a way I can post a new message with the attachment?

Sorry if this doesn't help you out!
Not necessary, thanks for the reply. I figured it out. The spike parameter of the shape, turned all the way to the right ensures one pulse instead of two through the grain. This is only visible in version 1.0.3. though.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 am

Hi guys.

Where can I grab Granulator Version 1.0.3 ?

I currently have 1.0.1 which was released in MonolakeM4LDevices 2011-07-11.

Robert's link has this version-
Download the latest versions of all devices: MonolakeM4LDevices_0005_2011-07-11.zip
& on Roberts site- http://www.monolake.de/technology/m4l.html the link to Abes is not working.

On the Max For Live site, they only have version 1.0 posted ( as far as I can see )

The Abes link only has version 1.0.

Thanks, Si

spinflux

Post by spinflux » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Sibanger wrote:Hi guys.

Where can I grab Granulator Version 1.0.3 ?

I currently have 1.0.1 which was released in MonolakeM4LDevices 2011-07-11.

Robert's link has this version-
Download the latest versions of all devices: MonolakeM4LDevices_0005_2011-07-11.zip
& on Roberts site- http://www.monolake.de/technology/m4l.html the link to Abes is not working.

On the Max For Live site, they only have version 1.0 posted ( as far as I can see )

The Abes link only has version 1.0.

Thanks, Si
I got version 1.0.3. from Robert by personal mail. Ask him and you'll get it.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:06 am

Cheers :)