CPU bar Jumps at start and stop and glitching

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
tintala

CPU bar Jumps at start and stop and glitching

Post by tintala » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:35 pm

I just did a while new rebuild, reinstalled everythin.

w -7.
64 bit,
i5 core 3.20 ghz.

I have KOMPLETE 8

Stylus RMX some AUDIO DAMAGE plugins and running cryosonic plugins. Relatively speaking not alot of 3rd party plugins and running native plugins as well.

I have roughly 50 tracks.

My cpu meter runs at about 50% or less. The problem is, when I hit start or stop , I get heavy glitching and the track wont stop for a few seconds, getting really irritating.

Anyone suggest a fix or ideas on how to stop the LAG ? I am running at 512 ASIO buffer size and 44.1 khz.. I have mulitcore/multiprocessor Support button ON. in preferences.

Also what do I need to do to run Live in 96000 sample rate as suggested by some experienced djs?

3dot...

Re: CPU bar Jumps at start and stop and glitching

Post by 3dot... » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:03 pm

that's just the normal/regular live behavior ... those are it's limits...
the spikes when starting/stopping a set...
also for me around 60% is where Live gets glitchy..
so no cure..
you need to adjust... make your stuff lighter..
spread your fx around (live assigns each track to 1 cpu)
also 'freeze' is your friend..

aside from that..
starting the global transport BEFORE any clips are playing is recommended...
especially when playing Live..
as it gives Live + fx time to initialize...
also stop the global transport after the house volume is down..

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:20 pm

that's about my experience on sets of equivalent size.. raising your buffer will help some.. having a dedicated audio drives outside your system drive has helped me also.. when all else fails, print to audio/freeze tracks..

just change the sample rate in live's pref to 96.. your sound card has to be capable though..

tintala

Post by tintala » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks for the responses guys, I was also wondering, if you guys also get the VIDEO freezes, for example, say your looking at your spectrum analyzer and it just stops moving while the music is playing, does this happen when Live is maxed out due to the reasons above?

Lastly, what is the difference between freeze and flatten, I have found no info regarding this in the manual or in the forum or on youtube..