How to - Remix in Live 8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
One Reason

How to - Remix in Live 8

Post by One Reason » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:39 am

I have an MP3, of Hopelessly devoted to you (from GREASE) and I have an mp3 from a girl, who recorded herself singing along with the same mp3

Two separate tracks... I import both into Live 8

unfortunately...when i try match the the beginning vocals, its fine.. for a few bars, then.. her track falls behind the tempo of the original, further and further as the track progresses until the end.

How do i get them to match up all the way thru...? Also, why would they be different, if she is singing to the exact same track I have?

I know its probably complex so any links to suitable tutorials\resources would be very helpful to me.

Im not even sure what the technique is called, or I would look myself.. mashup?, remix..?

Not sure if those apply to this specific issue.

Cheers guys.. :mrgreen:

MrNicHoe

Re: How to - Remix in Live 8

Post by MrNicHoe » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:28 am

It's even a bad idea to overlay the voices. It will boost some frequencies and could sound too loud and muddy as well. Best would be, to get the files of the song and separate the Voice out of the track.

Post by 102455 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:10 pm

What exactly are you trying to do?

I can't see the point of mixing the original with the original (plus someone singing along).

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:16 pm

102455 wrote:What exactly are you trying to do?

I can't see the point of mixing the original with the original (plus someone singing along).
Maybe he wants to cut back and forth between them seamlessly?

STRATEGY

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm more interestead in your story, who is this girl, do you love her? does she love you or someone else.
:lol:

Or is this something about talent scouting..Bahhh :x

One Reason

Post by One Reason » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:02 pm

102455 wrote:What exactly are you trying to do?

Simple, shes a friend of mine on other side of the world, all shes has is an albeit clear sounding Phone to record into.

so, she sang along to the track on youtube, and send me her audio, with faint youtube track in background.

I downloaded the original track, from youtube, converted it to Mp3..

Dragged both into Live....

Would like to add some effects to her voice, then sing along with her, match it up to original, bounce, and send it back.

No, its not going to sound terribly professional, but, thats not the point.. just trying to do something nice.

unfortunately, the original, and her mp3 she sent me, do not match up.

She loves me, she loves me not...