sort of interesting question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sebastian

sort of interesting question

Post by Sebastian » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:11 am

Using Impulse or Simpler........ I would like to perhaps sample my Korg Karma's drum sets, and I would also love to try the same with the Karma patches.

Has anyone tried this? Any suggestions

grazze
Live Suite 9, RME Fireface 800, Mac Book Pro, Sierra

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:22 am

if you think it would be good, do it.

was that a sort of interesting answer?

:)

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:28 am

yeah do it, then sell the karma :)

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:29 am

double post.

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:45 am

i got my hands on a friends 'virus b' a little time ago. and sampled the crap out of it's patches... now i have loads of 'virus' simpler patches.

sounds just fine, but you miss out on all that 'evolving pad' stuff because of the whole pitching up/speeding up thing.... and of course the tweakability.

-am

SIXTO

Post by SIXTO » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:23 pm

Man I would love to get some virus patches... My friend let me borrow his korg... Now I just need to read the manual on how to sample sounds... :wink:
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourself can free our mind - Bob Marley

Pilgrim

Re: sort of interesting question

Post by Pilgrim » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:35 pm

Sebastian wrote:Using Impulse or Simpler........ I would like to perhaps sample my Korg Karma's drum sets, and I would also love to try the same with the Karma patches.

Has anyone tried this? Any suggestions

grazze
Yes, record the tones from the Korg using Sound Forge and turn them into samples and load them into Simpler, etc.
Or. . . just play them in the Karma from LIVE!

Or . . . record drum clips and use LIVE! for what it is best in class for, tweaking and modifying audio clips to use in different places.

If you are trying to “transfer” the sounds out to sell the Korg, you will never do them well enough. Might just as well sell it and buy some drum samples or get DFHXL, etc.
(overkill in my experience).

I know why you want to save the Korg sounds, they are the best, especially the drum, etc. Sounds.
The Karma module is so tweakable AND the Triton engine/synth is so deep and powerful that I keep finding lots of clip production possibilities that I simply load into LIVE! and fix em MY WAY.
Having LIVE! with the Karma means that I don’t have to mess with the MIDI, though it opens more flexibility.
Learn to screw with audio like you would with MIDI in LIVE! and the Karma will increase in value.

I use the non-Karma of the instrument daily, even as a controller keyboard, so I have no regrets at the cost. I would have gotten the Triton Rack and would be limited, no controller.

I AM absolutely attached to my Korg Triton Studio 61 which has/does everything and with a touch screen.

We got the MC-909 (Roland) to feed my need for versatility in a portable MIDI player/controller/sampler with lots of fast easy use features.
I often use the 909 to play either Korg.
The Korg real drum sounds kick the Roland sounds butt! . . .but the 909 has great synth drum samples! . . .and great synthesis.

It’s all in the MIDI routing. . . and seeing new and ingenious ways to choose and combine sounds from one device to another all at once and then route it back to another for effects, usually the Triton Studio!

It will be a long time still before I use a sampler for anything but filling in the cracks and tweaking some combinations.

Pilgrim