CME UF controllers

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Farr

CME UF controllers

Post by Farr » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:08 pm

Hi all

Has anyone tried the new series of CME UF Controllers yet?

www.arbitermt.co.uk/index_cme.htm

They look too good to be true, and I'll be checking out the 49 key version soon.

See ya!!!

Farr[/url]

dCross

Post by dCross » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:47 pm

the quality and placement of the knobs/sliders seems very set-it-and-forget-it. ie: they seem very un-"play"-able.

sqook

Post by sqook » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:19 pm

Yeah, I wonder why they made all the knobs and sliders so close together? There's a lot of unused room... kind of poor design, imo. I guess the big question is how it actually feels under your hands, though.

rachmanoff

Post by rachmanoff » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:48 pm

a friend of mine who has been reading keyboard forever told me he had never seen craig anderton flat out say he was going to buy something until he read this review.

http://www.cme-pro.com/download/Keyboar ... review.pdf

also, about the knob placement and 'wasted space': you have quick access to all controls with the left hand, meaning a more consistent on-the-fly playing experience and never blocking the display. that's well thought out to me.

now, put your computer keyboard on that empty space. not so empty anymore, eh?

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:34 pm

I played them few months ago they are way bbetter then Maudio and other toys/trash You have to pay 4 times more to get same hammer action from Yamaha and Co, and it has aftertouch.
I didnt trust the photos either but the european distributors insisted that I check it, wanted to take one with me right away but these were samples for national distributors so will be getting one next month.
The synth action is like of Triton, real one not LE or Motif Yamaha, less noisey then Korg. So I am thinking of getting 88 hammer one and 49 or 61 synth action , I liked both ( since the prices are so attractive), they are not new in the game, they are supplying one of the big japanese companies.
The initiative came from some French and German dealers fed up with M audio and similars poor quality so they were looking for alternatives. They gave some sensible sugestions like 9 instead of 8 faders and heavy duty transport buttons. I suggested wooden sides like in Virus, was too late for this shippement but will try to get them as replacement , they said this kind of stuff hardly makes difference for the Chinese, maybe 20-30$.