What Cakewalk is Doin is Straight Gangsta... :(

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
::mic-minimal::

What Cakewalk is Doin is Straight Gangsta... :(

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:58 pm

i mean I love sonar, it's a cool app and all but they're biting the fuck out of Live, it's like Damn!..they even got some shit called the 'npulse' i'm like how you gonna bite so hard, they got the money and the resources to do there own thing. all I gotta say is Robert, Bernd, Gehard...clip up y'all lets go get them m/fs.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Project5/default.asp
for the love of Live

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:23 pm

Geez, they might as well just rename the program ProjectLive.

N'Pulse? N'Sync? Umm- whatever.

The bottom line is that good design always gets copied / imitated. Think of the VW Rabbit, or Apple Computers. I mean, how many companies are making iproducts? Pontiac just came out with a car they call the G6.

I got started with computer recording using Cakewalk, so I can't hate on them for doing this kind of thing.

All I can do is tell people the real deal is Live.

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:49 am

I hope Ableton are getting royalty payments from that sh*t.
for the love of Live

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:55 am

::mic-minimal:: wrote:I hope Ableton are getting royalty payments from that sh*t.
after seeing that interface, i think it's safe to say that the calkwalk boys have never even heard of live.

k

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:14 am

This should only fan the flames under Abletons' butt to raise their own bar even further. Besides, it will be good for the economy when all the suckers who buy this go out and get the real deal.

n'pulse?!?! Dear god, that's weak!

Their interface looks like an irritating reinterpretation of Live's GUI done as an Excel spreadsheet... real hot stuff. Ok, the next song I am going to play is called "Total Quallity Management", it's done in the key of "$"...

Bitches.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:15 am

whoops repost
Last edited by LOFA on Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:38 am

Its a damn shame Johnnie Cochrane just died, cos I'd be passing the hat around for the Ableton prosecution fund! :wink:

ooohh... the Groove Matrix(TM) Yeah, real good one, take someone else's interface and UNPRECENTED approach to non-linear digital audio manipulation and give it a LAME-ASS, TRADEMARKED (!!!) name.

Do the words "look" and "feel" ring a bell???

Us older guys are so into Live because we know how unprecedented and unique Live is in the history of... DAW's... recording... music... performance... f!ckit, history.

Robert, Gerhard, Abletons, Mein Herren: You gotta unleash the hounds of hell on this one :evil: :evil: :evil:

yours in seething, apoplectic rage,
p
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

toneroll

Post by toneroll » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:55 am

well one advantage it certainaly has , is that they're not charging for the instuments

(i still won't be buying it anyways)
there used to be a well cheesy "sig." here

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:19 am

toneroll wrote:well one advantage it certainaly has , is that they're not charging for the instuments
Yeah when you don't pay for R&D, you can make the price as low as you like. Just ask Uli Behringer.

with involuntary twitches,
p

drez

Post by drez » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:27 am

I guess they say that imitation is the best form of flattery, so the Abletons should be happy that others are validating their innovation...Even Steinberg ripped some ideas from them with the new Cubase.

I think the Ableton folk will just continue to raise the bar while the rest catch up.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:28 am

Microsoft software is pretty much free if you purchase a PC or have the imagination a gnat. They still make shit loads. Cakewalk is trying to bully around in here with their ties and stash. The Abes are still young in this game and are selling things that they make which (although seem to use a lot of CPU) hold true to DAW they were born for, in that they are seemlessly integrated into the system (sans the extra buck fifty) and allow for a creative environment that is unparalled. Just because some company decided to bundle in a couple of their synths, does not in anyway allow their Package to compared in the same terms. And if I am wrong, and this software is that similiar to LIve... then, like Pitch Black was saying... I can see Johnnie Cochrane's hands, busting out of the grave, like that Mike Zeck cover where Spidey comes back from the dead... The money would just be too easy.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:36 am

did you ever have one of those days where every time you posted it did it twice?

edit edit edit edit edit...

raapie

Post by raapie » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:15 am

this doesn't look like Live, looks more like ACID. or is everything with a 2D look now a Live ripoff?

where's the session-view btw? ;)
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:18 am

Do they make it in China?? 8O

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:25 am

actually they put the session view and the arrangerview in one screen.
the thing that pains me is that I actually used to have respect for cakewalk
b4 this.
for the love of Live