ext. in LATENCY :(

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:31 pm

From what I have gathered from several threads here, one of which was started by me, that there is no automatic adjustment of the sample start.

The monitoring from my current understanding (please feel free to correct me someone) does this:

ON - Always lets you hear the audio coming from the channel input (set in routing) and never hear what clips are actually playing in that track in the session view or timeline

OFF - Never lets you hear the audio coming from the channel input (set in routing) and only hear what clips are actually playing in that track in the session view or timeline

AUTO - It will try to be smart here and if there are no clips playing in the timeline or session view at that point in time and the arm button is turned on, it will let you hear the incoming audio. However if there is incoming audio and at that point in time there is a clip playing in the timeline or session view of that track, you will hear the clip from Ableton, not the audio inputs.

ditroiamusic

Post by ditroiamusic » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:38 pm

I think it's his tropical fish mousepad....they're known for really screwin with you latency :) Sorry.. I really thought someone else would say that. But seriously, don't forget to check your audio setting in windows. Sounds simple but it's easy to forget that step while you're adjusting setting in your software. For example, I use an Edirol UA-20 and it puts an icon in my control panel. I have to double click that and make buffer adjustments there.