Cool Vocal Processing and FX in Live and NI

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Digable Dialogue

Cool Vocal Processing and FX in Live and NI

Post by Digable Dialogue » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:35 pm

Guys,

I own Live and Komplete 7 and am looking to bring in wet vocal FX and processing to fit the production I do, mostly hip hop electronic.

I enjoy the distortion based vocal FX used by Beck, Jack White and The Black Keys. Sounds overdriven, filtered/EQed and has some cool unique qualities to it. Also I love the squaky, time based slap back reverb used by the Beastie Boys or Portishead. Tons of really cool things being done with vocals these days beyond subtle compression and honed in EQ. Also I've never really gotten into vocoders but think I should really try experimenting.

Do you guys recommend some places to start with good vocal FX inside live or Komplete?

Thanks
Human Agency - humanagency.bandcamp.com

boderekstits

Re: Cool Vocal Processing and FX in Live and NI

Post by boderekstits » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:31 am

Digable Dialogue wrote:Guys,

I own Live and Komplete 7 and am looking to bring in wet vocal FX and processing to fit the production I do, mostly hip hop electronic.

I enjoy the distortion based vocal FX used by Beck, Jack White and The Black Keys. Sounds overdriven, filtered/EQed and has some cool unique qualities to it. Also I love the squaky, time based slap back reverb used by the Beastie Boys or Portishead. Tons of really cool things being done with vocals these days beyond subtle compression and honed in EQ. Also I've never really gotten into vocoders but think I should really try experimenting.

Do you guys recommend some places to start with good vocal FX inside live or Komplete?

Thanks
great post, i'm looking for similar things actually. hopefully someone drops some knowledge in this thread

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:57 am

Digable Dialogue wrote:Guys,

Thanks
NI guitar rig....reaktor... Ableton audio racks
play with it... distortion/saturation needs to be tuned to your voice

Digable Dialogue

Post by Digable Dialogue » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:48 am

3Dot...my man
Human Agency - humanagency.bandcamp.com