make that money, make make that money baby!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by H20nly » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:37 am

Tone Deft wrote:
funken wrote:Let me know when you're famous and I'll feature you on my website.
become famous and I might check out his web site.
:lol:
QUANCE wrote:
lol... first you all say that i dont know what im talking about with the mention i had about social media marketing and that it doesnt work and now you say this?
yeah, whenever we make a group decision we have nathannn post it for us.

ok guys, wrap it up. time to get to the meeting about signing nathannn up for Twitter.

punch and pie.

Forge.
Posts: 5792
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by Forge. » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:14 am

funken wrote:Reminds me of New Labour getting in to the tune of 'Things can only get better', and then they dismantled workers rights and presided over the 2008 crash.
Which reminds me that Brian Cox was in the band that did that song !

Perhaps this is a clue to the answer to this question. Brian Cox was in a cheesy boy band, but the only reason I have heard of him is because he's good at explaining quantum physics on the telly.

Forge.
Posts: 5792
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by Forge. » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:12 am

I wonder if he's got any extra royalties from people buying D:Ream since his sciencey stuff?

My guess is the only thing he gets from it now is the occasional woman in her late 30s/early 40s asking for an autograph or photo in the Checkout at Sainsbury's

Hermanus
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by Hermanus » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Quance

You have a lot of arguments but nothing real except yadayada lasting 4 pages.


Provide us, poor ableton users we are, some links to proove your masterness.
I would be pleased to praise you if I could hear some great tracks from you...

QUANCE
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by QUANCE » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:25 pm

sparklepuff wrote:Because it's fucking expensive to do this shit. Plane tickets, hotels, gas, vehicle repairs, broken gear that needs to be replaced by tonight's gig in a city 450 miles away, paying your booking agent & manager & PR company, getting a sinus infection on the road and having to see a walk in clinic, paying a crew of 8 for 4 music videos in a year, paying back the advance for your album and your publishing deal. Just off the top of my head.

But sounds like you and your Facebook buddy will get you rich and famous in no time. You should quit your job.

why are you playing shows 500 miles away if its not cost effective, do you not have a better music video connection? there are plenty of people who are just starting in the industry who will work harder and cheaper to create a portfolio, why did you put up an advance for an album when in this 21st century market more money is made from distributing music for free as a small upcoming artist and focusing on live performances than trying to sell music which people will inevitably pirate for free anyways? just off the top of my head.

QUANCE
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by QUANCE » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Hermanus wrote:Quance

You have a lot of arguments but nothing real except yadayada lasting 4 pages.


Provide us, poor ableton users we are, some links to proove your masterness.
I would be pleased to praise you if I could hear some great tracks from you...
my argument is not that you have to be a master or even be the best, but you need a solid business strategy for what youre doing. its astounding the shit im hearing from all you "full time professioanls" about how you conduct youself as a business. and its also eye opening to see how much pessimissm about this business there is on this forum - if you dont believe in yourself no one else is going to. youre shooting yourself in the foot from square one.

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by 3dot... » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:47 pm

are you for real ?
do you want us to make you a business plan ?
some things are obvious...
you produce a "product" ...
you price your "product" based on costs of production...
(to pay back the initial investment in say...1-2 years)...
plus revenue (what's left/what you want to put aside for yourself)
you believe it (your "product") will appeal to the masses...
I say go for it full power...
I hope you get on the big highway no stops to success...
and while I think it's great to have confidence like that..
life taught me to prefer careful optimism over plain ol' Naiveness..
nobody knows the future and there are no assurances ..
so don't write checks your ass can't cash.... is a good motto for life
I wish you luck sincerely...

it would be interesting to hear some demo or something..
if you're that confident in the tightness of your shit.. .
I don't see the problem letting us taste some obscure demo... so we can get the vibe..
for all I know you could be talking about the folk music circuit..

this is weak.. we're arguing about something we never heard...
let us hear it and we'll tell you if you should quit your job...
Image


Rationalizer
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by Rationalizer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 am

Image
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by 3dot... » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:50 am

weird guy...
wants to know how much to charge... but won't give any details...
Image

lasersounds
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:04 am

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by lasersounds » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 am

QUANCE wrote:
Hermanus wrote:Quance

You have a lot of arguments but nothing real except yadayada lasting 4 pages.


Provide us, poor ableton users we are, some links to proove your masterness.
I would be pleased to praise you if I could hear some great tracks from you...
my argument is not that you have to be a master or even be the best, but you need a solid business strategy for what youre doing. its astounding the shit im hearing from all you "full time professioanls" about how you conduct youself as a business. and its also eye opening to see how much pessimissm about this business there is on this forum - if you dont believe in yourself no one else is going to. youre shooting yourself in the foot from square one.

None of this other bullshit matters!

POST YOUR MUSIC MAESTRO!!

You are so goddamned stupid the only way you could possibly make it is if your music is the best to come out in 2012.

So post it.

You will be famous if its as good as you are suggesting.

Do you understand that you dont just "release an album and play some shows"? Do you understand that?

Let me repeat once more, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT??

There is nothing to book if you music isnt that great and YOUVE NEVER EVEN PLAYED A SHOW!

I will never book ANYONE if its their first show. Because people that havnt played any shows put on shitty shows because they have no idea how to do it right.

So again,

JUST POST YOUR MUSIC AND LET IT DO THE TALKING FOR YOU!

Im honestly surprised you even ended up on the ableton forums, but i suppose miracles do happen every now and then.

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by andydes » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 am

Quance, it's odd that you've gone from your original question to lecturing people on not having a solid business plan.

So what's your plan? What is this website that you expect to generate so much interest? And how will you turn that into cash?

I'll assume your music is good, but give us a hint what kind of thing it is. It does make a difference.

You said band earlier, right? How many of you? Do you write the music? Sing?

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:07 pm

I was at an amusement park this past weekend. They used 1 of the only 2 original songs Madeon produced in the last 2 years for background music during a park food court commercial they blasted every half hour. I shit you not.

Just adding another success check box for Quance to tick off on his journey.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:19 pm

funken wrote:Getting an Apple ad like Daft Punk is probably quite lucrative. I'm thinking of getting one myself. "Play some Kenny Da Funk". Sounds almost the same. Could be a variation on the ad. I'll write to Apple and see what they say.
careful.

Apple might make an ad campaign about enabling a hapless halfwit to make music. "it's so easy with an Apple."




talk is cheap, show us your hits!!!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:22 pm

This thread must not leave the front page. :x

Post Reply