Is it possible to import Kontakt instruments into Sampler??

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
UCAudio

Is it possible to import Kontakt instruments into Sampler??

Post by UCAudio » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:14 am

I have a bunch of multisampled instruments that I made for Kontakt and I want to import them into Sampler. Seems like this doesn't work though? These are early kontakt 4 format. It seems like the import kind of works... the zones are mapped, tuned, etc... but root key is wrong. Anyone else experienced this? I would have expected it to either not work at all or to work. Anyone have any workarounds or way to do this? I love sampler and would rather use it than Kontakt.

prebentious

Re: Is it possible to import Kontakt instruments into Sampler??

Post by prebentious » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:21 am

Yeah this is pretty half-baked. I even believe that it can't import the latest version of Kontakt files whatsoever. Lame

UCAudio

Post by UCAudio » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:25 am

Is there a way to tell Sampler to set the root note to whatever note the zone is centered on for all zones selected?

UCAudio

Post by UCAudio » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 am

Nevermind... distribute ranges equally did it. So it seems like if you're using early Kontakt 4 versions (before NI introduced resource contains in the version 4 update)... you can import them, you just need to distribute ranges equally after import. At least it seems to be working so far.

UCAudio

Post by UCAudio » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 am

Damn, actually nevermind again. Still doesn't work. Zones are tuned all wrong, what the hell.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:07 am

Hmm, I thought I read something about this on the forum very recently where the octave is off by 1 meaning if it was C3 it is C4 or C2? I forget but do recall reading something on this in the past week or so or going back through a few pages of this forum or tricks and tips one. Check for it.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.