U-he appreciation

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ze2be
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Europe

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by ze2be » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Maybe a stupid question: will the new step-arp and new filter in Diva make it easier to create 303 style sounds?

I need a kick ass 303 style emu vst. :P

Doesnt have to be 100%, something like Elektron Analog would do just fine. Havent herd any vst that realy bites and screams '303' as much as this one and the original.

crystalmsc
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:26 pm

ze2be wrote:I need a kick ass 303 style emu vst. :P
Very possible with the next Diva release :)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

ze2be
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Europe

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by ze2be » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Sweet, fingers crossed! :)

deva
Posts: 1685
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by deva » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

ze2be wrote:Maybe a stupid question: will the new step-arp and new filter in Diva make it easier to create 303 style sounds?

I need a kick ass 303 style emu vst. :P

Doesnt have to be 100%, something like Elektron Analog would do just fine. Havent herd any vst that realy bites and screams '303' as much as this one and the original.

The Arp/Sequencer combo will do the step sequencer stuff... It's freakin sweet!

whether you think the sound of Diva satisfies what you are looking for, you will just have to try.

deva
Posts: 1685
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by deva » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Here is an example where the arp and sequencer are both going...

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Arpseq1.mp3

agent314
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by agent314 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Dang.

I want it baaaaad.

Machinesworking
Posts: 11141
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Dammit, I've been resisting Deva but that Oberheim filter is dead on!
Owning an Xpander I would say that's the closest I've ever heard. 8O

Sibanger
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Contact:

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by Sibanger » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 pm

deva wrote:Here is an example where the arp and sequencer are both going...

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Arpseq1.mp3
EEEEKKKK 8O

Can't wait for this next upgrade :D

deva
Posts: 1685
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by deva » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Machinesworking wrote:Dammit, I've been resisting Deva but that Oberheim filter is dead on!
Owning an Xpander I would say that's the closest I've ever heard. 8O

You're not the first to find me irresistible :lol:

glitchrock-buddha
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:29 am
Location: The Ableton Live Forum

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 pm

XSIMan wrote:Work in progress GUI finished version will be less blury. It will look pretty mad once a load of patch cables are plugged in. Based on the idea of the Roland 100m modular synthesizer that Mr Heckman learned his talent.
Image
That looks awesome. I don't know if I'm looking more forward to the Diva update or the final Bazille release...

...or that tape emulation...
Professional Shark Jumper.

Machinesworking
Posts: 11141
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 pm

deva wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Dammit, I've been resisting Deva but that Oberheim filter is dead on!
Owning an Xpander I would say that's the closest I've ever heard. 8O

You're not the first to find me irresistible :lol:
:lol: :lol: Just noticed that I typed Deva instead of Diva! :oops:

deva
Posts: 1685
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by deva » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
deva wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Dammit, I've been resisting Deva but that Oberheim filter is dead on!
Owning an Xpander I would say that's the closest I've ever heard. 8O

You're not the first to find me irresistible :lol:
:lol: :lol: Just noticed that I typed Deva instead of Diva! :oops:
I suppose it's okay if you decide to leave me for her... 8O She is rather sweet... 8)

deva
Posts: 1685
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by deva » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:56 am

deva wrote:Here is an example where the arp and sequencer are both going...

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Arpseq1.mp3

Another example. Same preset but played the arp/seq combo differently. Gives an idea of how much more expressively playable they are compared to the usual soft synth implementation. Recorded direct to audio in realtime...

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Arpseq2.mp3

deva
Posts: 1685
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by deva » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Another Arp/Seq example... (using new filter model too)

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Arpseq3.mp3

ze2be
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Europe

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by ze2be » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:21 pm

deva wrote:Another Arp/Seq example... (using new filter model too)

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Arpseq3.mp3
So you are pdxindy on KVR? Im Sleepwalker. :)
Anyway, it sounds really great. And Urs just hinted again about possible 303 futures for this release. Aparently the beta that some of you guys have is not the final product he says. Hmmmm

Post Reply