U-he appreciation

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
crystalmsc

Re: U-he appreciation

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Just wanna share some of the greatest orchestral music I've heard, using just Zebra as the only sound source 8O
http://soundcloud.com/esgalachoir/the-chronos-all-zebra

http://soundcloud.com/esgalachoir/the-kelvin-labryinthe

Made by: Esgalachoir via kvr
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:48 pm

New Diva modules arriving in June: Digital Osc, Uhbie-Filter and Arpeggiator/Sequencer. Here's a preliminary screenshot:

Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

deva

Post by deva » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:05 pm

Here is an audio example of the arp with some twiddling of knobs on the new modules that was posted on kvr

http://www.u-he.com/music/arp_noodle.mp3

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Awesome! But...were is the 303 osc/filter I was hoping for? (almost expecting it, from Urs coments at Kvr)

Not_Elba

Post by Not_Elba » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Hopefully they don`t forget Zebra3. They are working on many different projects for such a small team.
Urs wrote it will be roughly a year till Zebra 3 arrives :|

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:16 pm

i love diva. haven't had the chance to buy it though.

i knew the arpeggiator was coming soon, I didn't realize they were adding more than that. I'm hoping Diva 2 is either coming really soon or coming way in the future cause I don't want to buy Diva and than have to pay to upgrade.
ImageImage

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:29 pm

rakim87 wrote:i love diva. haven't had the chance to buy it though.

i knew the arpeggiator was coming soon, I didn't realize they were adding more than that. I'm hoping Diva 2 is either coming really soon or coming way in the future cause I don't want to buy Diva and than have to pay to upgrade.
I doubt its any time soon. Urs seems to only charge for really major upgrades, like I think the difference between zebra 1 and 2 was huge and even then it was very modest upgrade fee. He's already stated zebra2->3 will only be like 30$, or free if you bought the zebraHZ/darkzebra. Same with bazille, I believe he said it would be fairly cheap for those who already own ACE. In between the point releases have always been free and include a huge amount of new functionality

There had been talks of other modules being included so im sure before diva2 is made, probably a few years from now, there will be more modules added beyond the new ones coming this summer

deva

Post by deva » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:00 pm

ezelkow1 wrote:

I doubt its any time soon. Urs seems to only charge for really major upgrades, like I think the difference between zebra 1 and 2 was huge and even then it was very modest upgrade fee. He's already stated zebra2->3 will only be like 30$, or free if you bought the zebraHZ/darkzebra. Same with bazille, I believe he said it would be fairly cheap for those who already own ACE. In between the point releases have always been free and include a huge amount of new functionality

There had been talks of other modules being included so im sure before diva2 is made, probably a few years from now, there will be more modules added beyond the new ones coming this summer
The upcoming Diva update includes the arp sequencer combo. The arp sequencer combo is performance oriented. This is quoted from Urs at kvr:

"The sequencer can work in step mode, where the white keys switch to "dub", "replace", "ins", "del", "startify", "<" and ">". The 3 black keys to the right become "CC", "pause" and "tie". CC records ModWheel, BreathCtrl and Expression for each step.
You can also record live, while the sequencer is running. You can layer notes, replace them, pause them, tie them on the fly.
On playback you can switch between 7 sequences at any time. You can either noodle over them on the keyboard, or use the keyboard to transpose the sequence. You can even layer sequences in realtime, e.g. to add a little variation here and there.
The arpeggiator is very basic but very powerful. It can program the sequencer, and it can transpose it. "

The update also includes the new Uhbie filter and digital osc modeled after the JP-8000 - Which means 2 osc's with Supersaw, Feedback Osc, Triangle Mod, Saw, Square wPWM options...

The update is free to existing Diva owners and May is the current estimate, though as with all such estimates, they tend to go longer than shorter.

Bazille is not Berlin Modular. So the purchase of ACE does not come off the price of Bazille. ACE and/or Bazille owners will get a discount when/if Berlin Modular ships.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:21 pm

deva wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:

Bazille is not Berlin Modular. So the purchase of ACE does not come off the price of Bazille. ACE and/or Bazille owners will get a discount when/if Berlin Modular ships.
Ahh yea, forgot the discount would be on the uber modular and not bazille

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 pm

ezelkow1 wrote:

that's really good to know. thanks. :D
ImageImage

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:29 am

Really mega surprised U-he hasn't charged an upgrade for the new DIVA
Adding a sequencer , JP-8000 oscillator module and an Oberheim filter module for free is darn right burglary in reverse :)

U-he has Bazille to finnish for June
Satin Tape effect
Presswork compressor plugin

Then they are making a more featured version of ACE and Zebra 3.

Zebra HZ will get the Oberheim filter module soon for free.

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:12 pm

I can't believe this thread went seven pages without me chiming in. Zebra2 is a critical part of my workflow. Worth every penny I spent. I can't recommended highly enough. I haven't used a better all around software synthesizer ever.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:46 am

Work in progress GUI finished version will be less blury. It will look pretty mad once a load of patch cables are plugged in. Based on the idea of the Roland 100m modular synthesizer that Mr Heckman learned his talent.

deva

Post by deva » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:26 am

XSIMan wrote:Really mega surprised U-he hasn't charged an upgrade for the new DIVA
Adding a sequencer , JP-8000 oscillator module and an Oberheim filter module for free is darn right burglary in reverse :)

U-he has Bazille to finnish for June
Satin Tape effect
Presswork compressor plugin

Then they are making a more featured version of ACE and Zebra 3.

Zebra HZ will get the Oberheim filter module soon for free.
The Diva upgrade could easily be a paying upgrade.

The Arp/Sequencer combo is not run of the mill. It is something unique, performance oriented and well thought out. Not the usual arp or sequencer dropped into soft synths.

Here is an example of the new JP-8000 Osc on supersaw with the Oberheim filter:

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Uhbie13.mp3

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Deva that's the best supersaw I ever heard nothing beats the JP-8000 supersaw apart from maybe the JP-8000 filter riped out and replaced with an Oberheim filter :)