Kontrol f1 + Ableton Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lcmxr6

Kontrol f1 + Ableton Live

Post by lcmxr6 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 am

Has anyone figured out a way to get the Native instruments kontrol f1 to work with Ableton? For some reason I can't get the F1 to show up in the controller editor. When I plug in the controller it sweeps the colors (flashes) and then all lights turn off. I'm seeing the midi in and out for the controller in ableton but ticking it to on seems to have no effect.

lcmxr6

Re: Kontrol f1 + Ableton Live

Post by lcmxr6 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 am

anyone haveing any luck with this controller in ableon? Let me know pweese :?

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:52 am

Well, I dont own it but I use Live and Traktor and I remember reading that the F1 cannot be mapped in Traktor. It's proprietary hardware/software. It doesn't even use MIDI it uses some other shit that NI cooked up. So I'm thinking, as of now, CAnnot be done.

lcmxr6

Post by lcmxr6 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:56 am

Just wanted to post that I have the F1 working with Live. Even though I installed the driver standalone, the hardware wasn't recognized until I actually installed Traktor 2.5.1 to my desktop. Now when I plug in the F1 it is starting in Midi mode and with a little love from the NI controller editor I have the pads mapped to Impulse and Drum rack. Still deciding what I want to do with the knobs and sliders but I will be sure to post my mapping when I have it worked out. LEDS are working, lots of pretty colors 8)

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:24 pm

Do the pads have the same colour as the clips? Or is there no link between pad and clip colours?

KonstruktOfficial

Post by KonstruktOfficial » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:27 pm

You need the NI Controller Editor. As soon as it finishes installing, the Kontrol pads should become a light orange and the LED display will read 0. Next, map the 4x4 pad to a scale of consecutive notes (i used the notes that make up the default drum rack verbatim). After this go into Ableton and load up your drum rack with samples, the Kontrol should play them like an average MIDI controller.

maxnn

Post by maxnn » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:18 pm

hey man i really try few times but its not working for me :cry: really go crazy i se numbers and i can chance them but nothing chance in the drumrack when alsp u dont se the P in my digital screan . pleas can you help me ?