Selling musics

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
barezi6

Selling musics

Post by barezi6 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi everyone.

I have a doubt about if i can sell per exemple a original music that i bought on itunes, and if i can sell a remix of a music that i bought on itunes.

Thanks

enomusic

Re: Selling musics

Post by enomusic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:37 pm

To redistribute music you purchased from iTunes or any other digital distribution channel you must obtain written permission from the owner of the copyright of that material in order for you to be able to legitimately profit form remixing that material. Selling and profiting from the sales of that remix without written consent of the owner of the original copyright is 100% illegal and you will get into a lot of truble.

barezi6

Post by barezi6 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:00 pm

enomusic wrote:To redistribute music you purchased from iTunes or any other digital distribution channel you must obtain written permission from the owner of the copyright of that material in order for you to be able to legitimately profit form remixing that material. Selling and profiting from the sales of that remix without written consent of the owner of the original copyright is 100% illegal and you will get into a lot of truble.
Thanks for the answer :)

punching_sandwiches

Post by punching_sandwiches » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:40 am

That is not to say that you can't give away the material for the promotion of your other work.
You still might get made to take it down if the original artists lawyers are annoying enough though.

juniorsfave

Post by juniorsfave » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Make sure that you get the consent of the author of that original piece of music. This is not unusual since there already are a lot of people that need partnerships with re-mixers to improve a single piece of music.