Ableton not recognizing all of my outputs from my soundcard

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
trippbro

Ableton not recognizing all of my outputs from my soundcard

Post by trippbro » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:38 pm

I am trying to set up my sound card so that I can cue songs through my 3/4 output from my U-Mix44 sound card. When I go to "Preferences" and select "ASIO" as the driver type, then there are no "Audio Input Device" and "Audio Output Device" tabs that I can configure.

However, when I select "MMX/DirectX" as my driver type, there are sections right below that that say "Audio Input Device" and "Audio Output Device" which allow me to configure them to get the audio to come from my sound card. But when I go to "Input Config" and "Output Config" it only recognizes 1/2 for inputs and outputs, it doesn't seem to recognize 3/4. On the flip side, when I have "ASIO" driver selected, in the "Input Config" tab it recognizes 1/2 and 3/4, but only 1/2 in the "Output Config" tab. I have scoured everything and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kitekrazy

Re: Ableton not recognizing all of my outputs from my soundcard

Post by kitekrazy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:57 am

I think that is the limitation of ASIO.
Back when Sonar was a app you could only use DX drivers, you could use more than one sound card. That was the beauty of Direct X drivers but the the latency is lower using ASIO drivers.