All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Novation's Product
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:30 pm 

one last peek..unleashed in about 30 minutes :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:34 pm 

yes!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:39 pm 

ashtonron wrote:
yes!!!

:lol:

an authentic 8 bit hardware synth would be interesting!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:06 pm 

It's a Mini Nova http://global.novationmusic.com/hardwar ... s/mininova :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:05 am 

The performance features of this look GREAT!

BUT ... 128 user presets makes it limited. very limited. shame ... otherwise ide be thinking this is suprisingly cool!

soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Maschine 2 / Komplete 9 / OhmForce / MicroTonic / SynPlant / Bitspeak / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / MC-202 / Monotron & Duo / Serato & Dicers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:08 pm 

Surprising how little attention this gets. For me this definitely not microkorg, it's more like a next gen thing.
Always liked the korgs but found them too little live oriented to really prefer them to some decently midi controlled soft synth.

If the voice tune function is anywhere close to mu voice qualitywise i'm already sold. I can see myself performing a live choir with this and 2 mics without having my cpu hitting the ceiling. I don't mind the amout of user presets, there's a well working patch librarian (ultranova) and i assume you can also overwrite those 256 or whatever factory presets. Honestly, how many sounds you use on stage?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 pm 

Looking forward to trying it out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:25 pm 

From what i can judge by the demos i've seen so far, the voice tune feature sounds really mickey mouseish. What a pitty :( kinda running out of excuses why i would need another piece of gear. Aaargh my GAS is just killing me.

Ok, heading over to gearslutz now...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:22 am 

Ben_Binary wrote:
The performance features of this look GREAT!

I hope the same, along with the voice tune are going to be applied to the big brother too :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 am 

for those being fluent in german:

http://www.amazona.de/index.php?page=26 ... le_id=4378

not very deep review though, but positive through and through.

There's also one in the currend SOS issue. the guy seems to be totally amazed of the vocoder in general and the voice tune in particular, saying it is not far from antares :D

i just stumbled across the auto-tune live plugin, but it totally annoys me that i need to get an ilok just for demoing it. also, together with the ilok its already half the price of a mininova... i think i can get my hands on a mininova this weekend.

oh, and in the SOS review it's clearly stated that novation is not planning to implement voice tune into an ultranova update.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:01 pm 

h3rtz wrote:

Non German speaking should consider themselves lucky. Reviewer tries to be funny, witty but ends up stupid and irritating, practically unreadable, whatever substance he takes, I dont want to try it. Normally Germans are really excellent at reviewing products ( I always liked English magazines for music, artists interviews etc and German for technicalities) this is just the worst German review I ever seen.

@ junodownloads

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:04 pm 

rikhyray wrote:
h3rtz wrote:

Non German speaking should consider themselves lucky. Reviewer tries to be funny, witty but ends up stupid and irritating, practically unreadable, whatever substance he takes, I dont want to try it. Normally Germans are really excellent at reviewing products ( I always liked English magazines for music, artists interviews etc and German for technicalities) this is just the worst German review I ever seen.

He's just totally high on Blasmusik i guess :D

But yeah i feel you. It's really beer tent humour and the review doesn't address a lot of essential points. He received a lot of criticism in the comments as well. The SOS review is a joy to read and is much deeper. But the guy who wrote it gets paid for it.

But honestly, i still didn't understand what kind of synthesis the mininova actually uses. I think it's a VA plus wavetables, but it doesn't have FM if i am not mislead. That would be actually quite poor for a synth that has a genre selector with a dubstep category. But i guess thats just the way you sell synths nowadays.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:24 pm 

h3rtz wrote:
rikhyray wrote:
h3rtz wrote:

He's just totally high on Blasmusik i guess :D

But yeah i feel you. It's really beer tent humour and the review doesn't address a lot of essential points. He received a lot of criticism in the comments as well. The SOS review is a joy to read and is much deeper. But the guy who wrote it gets paid for it.

But honestly, i still didn't understand what kind of synthesis the mininova actually uses. I think it's a VA plus wavetables, but it doesn't have FM if i am not mislead. That would be actually quite poor for a synth that has a genre selector with a dubstep category. But i guess thats just the way you sell synths nowadays.

to be fair the engine is good enough, it's va with standard waveforms and some wavetables, lots of modulaton options, a tons of fx and filter models.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:47 pm 

and..another mystery stuff, going to be announced on Monday. The color scheme reminds me of the old Bass Station Keyboard.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:23 am 

Yeah, thats definitely the bass station light blue there.
I hope its not with a shitty mini keyboard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next