ableton, your website..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Angstrom

Re: ableton, your website..

Post by Angstrom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:59 pm

heh, responsive deals with all that.
it's not an old school "fluid width layout" which stretches out awfully and gives you unreadable long lines, it's more intelligent than that. Just think: whatever device or screen you are on, what would be the best possible layout right then and there, in terms of functionality, usability and readability. It does that.

Really though, it's always impossible to explain why something will be better to someone who doesn't understand it. They always want to argue. "But how on earth could mastering make my music better when it's already mixed, listen to my mad beatz, dem compressed already!"
etc.

I spend all day trying to explain to clients, so I'm going to stop now and do some real work, because you aren't paying me. I provided a link earlier.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

my point about smashing magazine is that it is a magazine covering TOPICS for web interface designers, not that the design itself is one to adopt, but that the topics covered are those of interest to people who like to read about such things as virtual pixels and webfonts. My point was that I think the ableton web dev team are more comfortable reading about Ruby on Rails than they are about kerning.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:58 pm

I like Nokia Pure font. Ableton Website is clean and essential on every device. I like it the way it is... 8)
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

arafel

Post by arafel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:36 pm

No one else is bugged by the blurry 'ableton' logo used - on this very forum?

Just change it - looks like crud as it stands.
Makes me almost believe in 'brown henke'
2.8ghz Quad Mac, Live 9.77, Remote25, Maschine 1, Fa-66 optical link, Samson 65a. Dog hair.. lots.

434Live

Post by 434Live » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 am

Its pretty boring.
Just Like iOS. No customization!
Anyone know any clubs you can get into when you're 15?