Synthesizer Training App

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jhan303

Synthesizer Training App

Post by jhan303 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 pm

This is for all you synth fiends. I wanted to let some of my fellow Ableton users know about an interactive synth training program I'm developing. I know so many producers and keyboardists who get frustrated with how long it can take to program a sound. So I've designed this to enable synth users to program faster and easier.

We've launched a KickStarter campaign to help finish development and get Syntorial out into the world. Almost everything you need to know is on that page, but if you have any questions, let me know.
SYNTORIAL - Interactive Synth Training Software

beats me

Re: Synthesizer Training App

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Sounds cool, best of luck!

My work has kickstarter blocked. :x

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:54 am

I think that your projected price for this app is a bit high.

The way I see it you are in competion with information that can be obtained free on the inteenet or a library.

Good luck

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:22 pm

:D
Good idea, the price is high but I love this app because it can test my skill, and no other app do this :P
It's like come back to school :roll:

jhan303

Post by jhan303 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback on the price. We're going to be fine tuning every detail as the development and release process unfolds, so we'll definitely take that into consideration.

jhan303

Post by jhan303 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Big update: Syntorial will be released on Tuesday Aug 27th @ 10 am EST! We've been working HARD on this for a while so we're really excited to get it out there. Check out the new demonstration/promo vid at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulLmILO1oV4.

There will be a free demo version with the first 22 lessons included, and we'll be running an introductory sale until Sep 6. To learn more, go to http://www.syntorial.com

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Cool deal. Is the $129 the introductory sale price? I’ll definitely have to try the demo.

Can I get it for $5 if I like it on facebook? :lol:

I kid.

dixie237

Post by dixie237 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:38 am

looks interesting. So this will be a "tablet" app ?

jhan303

Post by jhan303 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:13 am

$129 is the regular price. $99.99 will be the introductory price.

Right now it's just Mac and PC. But we've had some requests for an iPad version, so that may be in the near future.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Being able to do this on an iPad would be awesome. If you’re going to make it an app I would make it a free companion to the desktop version with a login or something. I don’t think your price point would go over well as a standalone app.

jhan303

Post by jhan303 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:10 pm

beats me wrote:Being able to do this on an iPad would be awesome. If you’re going to make it an app I would make it a free companion to the desktop version with a login or something. I don’t think your price point would go over well as a standalone app.
Funny I was just thinking about that today. That's probably how we'll do it.

justchris86

Post by justchris86 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Awesome Idea! Il be backing for sure
"Do not quote or read this text"

https://soundcloud.com/unnecessary-roughness-yyc

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:26 pm

jhan303 wrote:
beats me wrote:Being able to do this on an iPad would be awesome. If you’re going to make it an app I would make it a free companion to the desktop version with a login or something. I don’t think your price point would go over well as a standalone app.

Cool. I’ve read some whiney app reviews like “This is a $1 app at best, not $3!” From there you can imagine what the reviews would be like for $130 app.

I know it’s more development time but I think a free companion iPad would be another great selling point. Being able to lounge around and use it anywhere would be great. Laptops hardly feel portable anymore.

jhan303

Post by jhan303 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:30 pm

beats me wrote:
jhan303 wrote:

Cool. I’ve read some whiney app reviews like “This is a $1 app at best, not $3!” From there you can imagine what the reviews would be like for $130 app.

I know it’s more development time but I think a free companion iPad would be another great selling point. Being able to lounge around and use it anywhere would be great. Laptops hardly feel portable anymore.
Yeah I use an iPad and a laptop, and now that I'm used to the small book-sized iPad, the laptop does seem more cumbersome than it used to be.

jhan303

Post by jhan303 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that Syntorial is officially available today! Demo available at http://www.syntorial.com