Drum Rack black square with Launchpad

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
alexdecker

Drum Rack black square with Launchpad

Post by alexdecker » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 am

Hi all

Is it me, or does Ableton Live not autoselect whichever drums is visible in the black square in Drum Racks, and matches it to the User 1 mode on the Launchpad? If yes – any of you have a solution to that problem (I see it as a problem at least)?

- Alex

alexdecker

Re: Drum Rack black square with Launchpad

Post by alexdecker » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Really? No one? Launchpad is really popular! Nobody but me is annoyed by this? :-)

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:31 am

It is doable using Automap, but it gets messy.

You would want to use a midi channel the LP doesn't use, just to be on the safe side and avoid conflict (I've in rare cases had messes with interference)
Then you would make a script and set it up in control surfaces. Not sure f you know how to do that.

It almost doesn't seem worth it haha.

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:42 pm

alexdecker wrote:Hi all

Is it me, or does Ableton Live not autoselect whichever drums is visible in the black square in Drum Racks, and matches it to the User 1 mode on the Launchpad? If yes – any of you have a solution to that problem (I see it as a problem at least)?

- Alex
This is correct; the Launchpad does not follow the visible Drum Rack cells. User 1 mode starts at C1 and goes up from there. I actually prefer this because I can trigger 64 different drum sounds if I want to, and don't have to worry about the visible pads moving around on me.