Headphones for producing on the road

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
H20nly

Re: Headphones for producing on the road

Post by H20nly » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:20 pm

chaibuka wrote:Audio-Technica ATH-M50
http://www.headphone.com/headphones/aud ... th-m50.php
i have a set of these and love them... the sound is great, but i was flying on a plane from Oakland to Washington DC... which is at least a four or five hour plane trip. they can get a little hot because the covers are plastic. which is why i recommended the Beyer DT770s in an earlier post. still the ATH-M50s sound pretty good on the plane with all things considered (pressure, engines, etc). they also fold up well.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:27 pm

I spend months on the road in a noisy van, in hotel rooms with people watching TV, sitting backstage waiting to go on for hours at a time, and international flights, so I want some serious noise cancelation, and I get it the natural way by having these:

Shure SE425

I also use them on stage as my in-ear monitors. Obviously no self-respecting mix engineer is going to complete a song with a pair of headphones, but these things sound amazing and truly plug the shit out of my ears so I can't hear anything going on around me. That way you can keep the volume nice and low as well and not fatigue your ears.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

stansharpe

Post by stansharpe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks for the input. Never thought about in ears and have opted for the shure se425. Cheers guys