Need help finding an old tutorial

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Aequitas123

Need help finding an old tutorial

Post by Aequitas123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 pm

A bit of a strange request, but several years ago i remember seeing a really cool tutorial on this forum. It uses the Arpeggiator, some Instrument Racks, Operators and some other devices to create a sort of cascading Arpeggio effect. Problem is i'm trying to figure out how it was done, but I'm not having a lot of success.

Does anyone remember this tutorial or know what i'm talking about?

Thanks!

Gregory Wells-King

Re: Need help finding an old tutorial

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Don't really know, however I was remininiscing about 'The Covert Operators' and 'Sonic Transfer' just yesterday, and how the Ableton world is slightly smaller because of their demize.

I found this Covert Ops video tut in 3 parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzgXhyYfnJI

Hope it helps. :wink:

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks for the reply. I found that tutorial in my search but its not the one i'm looking for.

From what i remember it was an instrument layer that had an instrument layer within it and multiple instances of Chord/Arpeggiator/Operator. It made a really cool evolving arp sound where one seemed to trigger the next which would trigger the next.

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Aequitas123 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I found that tutorial in my search but its not the one i'm looking for.

From what i remember it was an instrument layer that had an instrument layer within it and multiple instances of Chord/Arpeggiator/Operator. It made a really cool evolving arp sound where one seemed to trigger the next which would trigger the next.
Then it's likely built on 'Key ranges' in racks, where the last note of one arp falls in the key range of the next and so on. Maybe, just a thought. :roll: try it without chord to see if it works. Hell, you've got me at it now, I'm gonna have to have a play.. :)

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Hmm... could be something like that. I'm not sure how to achieve that. Is it mapping the key ranges and having some overlap?

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 am

I've got something close to what i was looking for with this session: http://i.imgur.com/WCxXV.png

But its still not exactly the way the tutorial did it. Does that look familiar to anyone?