Best VSTs

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
mauronedj

Re: Best VSTs

Post by mauronedj » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Grappadura wrote:The company tone2 is unpopular for their security-policies, but their plugins rock. Tone2 Saurus is a favourite of mine and in my opinion beats diva in terms of analog sound, resource-management and price. Probably my go-to synth for years to come.
I think tha Tone2 beat Diva only for CPU uses :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you look for a more serious contender for Diva take a look at Xils-Lab plugins :P

JMFOne

Post by JMFOne » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 pm

FabFilter Pro-Q: I absolutely love this eq

The Sausage fattener: Does exactly what it says on the tin

Operator: learn this synth and you can make some incredible sounds-I use it on every track I've made
15" Apple Macbook Pro, mid 2012, 2.6GHz 8GB RAM 750GB HD, Ableton Live 9.2, Virus TI Polar

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:17 pm

do Live native plugs count as vsts i dont think so

worst/best ever is Super Spookeys...highly useless theremin emulator that has stolen many hours of my life, never to be actually used in a track...

edit: oops, i thought this was the Worst Vst list, lol

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:23 am

Diva is my No 1 bestest(sic) ever vst. I have a hard on for it :wink:

abluesky

Post by abluesky » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:31 am

If you are new to Live and have suite, learn the instruments and effects in Live first.

Concentrate on the following FIRST:

Synthesis:

1. Subtractive Synthesis with Analog

2. FM synthesis with Operator

Sampling

1. Simpler
2. Sampler
3. Drum Racks

Effects

1. Compressor
2. Gate
3. EQ
4. Reverb
5. Delay

I recommend proficiency in these plugins FIRST. They are the basic, most foundational tools and instruments.

After achieving proficiency in these, explore other more esoteric Live effects and, if you feel the need, purchase other VSTs.

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:35 am

abluesky wrote:If you are new to Live and have suite, learn the instruments and effects in Live first.

Synthesis:

Sampling

1. Simpler
2. Sampler
3. Drum Racks

Effects

1. Compressor
2. Gate
3. EQ
4. Reverb
5. Delay

I recommend proficiency in these plugins FIRST. They are the basic, most foundational tools and instruments.

After achieving proficiency in these, explore other more esoteric Live effects and, if you feel the need, purchase other VSTs.
Finally, THATS the answere 8)

When you master all this plugins you can decide yourselves what's missing in your VST arsenal :D

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:25 am

mauronedj wrote:
abluesky wrote:If you are new to Live and have suite, learn the instruments and effects in Live first.

Synthesis:

Sampling

1. Simpler
2. Sampler
3. Drum Racks

Effects

1. Compressor
2. Gate
3. EQ
4. Reverb
5. Delay

Finally, THATS the answere 8)

When you master all this plugins you can decide yourselves what's missing in your VST arsenal :D
There are no vsts on this list.... :wink:

But it is a very good post :)

FlightPlan

Post by FlightPlan » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:19 am

Well somebody's has to mention UAD right? It's not free stuff but I couldn't produce without 'em - the Neve 88RS, the Roland Space Echo, the Ex1 - it's an investment well worth making if you're looking for serious sound. The UAD 2 now has the Manley Massive Passive EQ, the kind of thing you couldn't touch unless you were rich, or part of a commercially successful studio. Believe me, it's money well spent!