x-station audio latency in live 4

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
shtreimel
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am

Post by shtreimel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:48 pm

Dogen wrote:Did you disable write-protect on the X-Station?
Dogen
Dogen,

Do you mean "Mem Protect"? If so, it's marked "On". Should I change that to "Off". If not, I can't find "write-protect" in the Global menu.

Dogen
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:38 pm

Post by Dogen » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:51 pm

Yes, memory-protect is what I'm referring to. That needs to be turned off otherwise nothing can be written to the X-Station. Try that and see what happens.

You would think that if you failed to turn it off you would have received an error indicating that this was the problem but you never know!

Dogen

shtreimel
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am

Post by shtreimel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:58 pm

Dogen wrote:Yes, memory-protect is what I'm referring to. That needs to be turned off otherwise nothing can be written to the X-Station. Try that and see what happens.

You would think that if you failed to turn it off you would have received an error indicating that this was the problem but you never know!

Dogen
FIGURE IT OUT!!!! :D

It had to do with the prefs in the template editor. The outgoing MIDI was set to something other than x-station. Dl'ed and installed the new OS. Now to figure out all this template stuff with Live.

Dogen, you've been a champ and very helpful. Thank you...thank you.

Dogen
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:38 pm

Post by Dogen » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:35 pm

Great! I'm glad you were able to get it working.

Regarding the templates, I used the included Live 2 template as a starting point to create my own Live 4 template. It's definitely a good idea to tweak it to fit your own workflow since I didn't like some of their mappings. It makes a HUGE difference in your overall effiency.

Dogen

simon
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:06 am

Post by simon » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:22 pm

edit: didn't see you got it working.

Post Reply