Alchemy

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ZenPunkHippy

Re: Alchemy

Post by ZenPunkHippy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:50 pm

tintala wrote:When I load LIve, Alchemy always opens a pop up sayin "it cannot find the "ALCHEMY DATE FOLDER". This happens EACH TIME ON LOAD UP.

I then load the path which i have put on a different drive and NOT C:. All of the folders are there, yet Alchemy wont see the libraries and asks for the folders each time...
This should not be happening, obviously. Please try running Live with administrator privileges. The problem might be occurring because the configuration file is failing to update.

Let me know if that helps, if not we can try something else. Thanks.

Peace,
Andy.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 pm

crystalmsc wrote:Btw, I'm just using a great library called, Sounds from the Modular by Mike Hulme of U & A Recordings within Alchemy, with great result! From processing the loops and using the SFZ files, Alchemy rocks! It's really the perfect synth and sound mangler for this type of library..can't be happier. This is the little review of the library I wrote: t.co/hXz3v4y6
Hey crysralmsc, just wondering how to find your review. ??

Cheers, Si

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:57 am

Sibanger wrote:
crystalmsc wrote:This is the little review of the library I wrote: t.co/hXz3v4y6
Just copy and paste the short link above..it can also be found in the official fb page of Loopmasters. Thank you for your interest in reading my humble review :)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

tintala

Post by tintala » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:53 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
tintala wrote:When I load LIve, Alchemy always opens a pop up sayin "it cannot find the "ALCHEMY DATE FOLDER". This happens EACH TIME ON LOAD UP.

I then load the path which i have put on a different drive and NOT C:. All of the folders are there, yet Alchemy wont see the libraries and asks for the folders each time...
This should not be happening, obviously. Please try running Live with administrator privileges. The problem might be occurring because the configuration file is failing to update.

Let me know if that helps, if not we can try something else. Thanks.

Peace,
Andy.

I cannot seem to run it with "ADMINISTRATORS PRIVILAGES" , the menu in Windows only shows 'open".

ZenPunkHippy

Post by ZenPunkHippy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:02 pm

tintala wrote:I cannot seem to run it with "ADMINISTRATORS PRIVILAGES" , the menu in Windows only shows 'open".
Did you try right-clicking the shortcut to Live? This usually works on the Start Menu or a desktop shortcut.

Peace,
Andy.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Sibanger wrote:
crystalmsc wrote:Btw, I'm just using a great library called, Sounds from the Modular by Mike Hulme of U & A Recordings within Alchemy, with great result! From processing the loops and using the SFZ files, Alchemy rocks! It's really the perfect synth and sound mangler for this type of library..can't be happier. This is the little review of the library I wrote: t.co/hXz3v4y6

Cheers, Si
Nice review Crystaline. I enjoyed your writing. I don't often purchase sample packs & the like, but with the Alchemy application, I find myself a little more than drawn towards trying this one out.

Thanks, Si :)

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:16 am

Sibanger wrote:Nice review Crystaline. I enjoyed your writing. I don't often purchase sample packs & the like, but with the Alchemy application, I find myself a little more than drawn towards trying this one out.
Thank you for the kind words for my humble review, appreciate it! :) The library is really a great value with wonderful content. But don't forget, if you buy the Live version, it will not include the SFZ version. So, if you would like to use it within Alchemy, also get the sampler patches version. Right now, I really have a close look to the Ian Boddy: Analogica which seems to be in the same territory as the library. The raw material is what specially interesting about it.

tintala

Post by tintala » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:33 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
tintala wrote:I cannot seem to run it with "ADMINISTRATORS PRIVILAGES" , the menu in Windows only shows 'open".
Did you try right-clicking the shortcut to Live? This usually works on the Start Menu or a desktop shortcut.

Peace,
Andy.
SO I did this and it seemed to have worked!!!! It did not ask me for the data folder! What do I do now? DO I keep opening Live like this>?thanks

ZenPunkHippy

Post by ZenPunkHippy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm

tintala wrote:SO I did this and it seemed to have worked!!!! It did not ask me for the data folder! What do I do now? DO I keep opening Live like this>?thanks
It should only be necessary to do this once because the config has now been updated with the correct path.

It is a rare bug because we changed the location of the config file. What version of Alchemy are you using?

Peace,
Andy.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:08 pm

I hope the scrolling issue is fixed soon, as the scrollbars rely so heavily upon it - there's no up and down arrow, and dragging that tiny slider up and down is a pain in the arse.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:01 pm

For anyone having problem with the "available to buy patches", Release Candidate 1 of V 1.50.1 was just released, resolving the problem and some other updates: http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/Alchemy/ ... es#v1.50.1

tintala

Post by tintala » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:45 pm

sporkles wrote:I hope the scrolling issue is fixed soon, as the scrollbars rely so heavily upon it - there's no up and down arrow, and dragging that tiny slider up and down is a pain in the arse.

DITTO :|

ZenPunkHippy

Post by ZenPunkHippy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:00 am

The scrolling problem should be fixed in v1.50.1. You can download a release candidate from your account now. Expand the "Alchemy" section by clicking '+'. The builds are labelled:

Alchemy Plugin v1.50.1 - RC 1 (Mac)
Alchemy Plugin v1.50.1 - RC 1 (Windows)

It is not necessary to download and install the content for this update. Just download and run the installer.

Peace,
Andy.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:42 am

^^ You guys ROCK !

Thanks ZPH :)

Grabbing it now.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey Andy,

The RC 1.50.1 has fixed the scrolling issue,( it works ) but I find the mouse wheel scrolling very inconsistent.

For a full mouse wheel movement in the preset browser, it only scrolls through 2 preset names ( unusable ), where as in the 'Subcategory' section, it will scroll through 10 ( which is very usable ) .

Scrolling through all other menus range between these ranges/parameters.

I am on PC Win 7.