worst vsts

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jonbongjovi

Re: worst vsts

Post by jonbongjovi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 am

soundtowers Mopho VST..

Stupid thing requires your sound card ins and outs to be disabled or it wont work..So basically a useless POS if you want to tweak or play live... 'support' ignores emails.

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 am

jonbongjovi wrote:soundtowers Mopho VST..

Stupid thing requires your sound card ins and outs to be disabled or it wont work..So basically a useless POS if you want to tweak or play live... 'support' ignores emails.
That's shit

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:18 pm

massive, the envelope section makes no sense to me. i want to punch the monitor when trying perform simple amplitude adsr.
also i feel this synths presets is what made bro step.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 pm

and absynth what a piece of shit interface.
reaktor too much shit.
kore i new that was a waste of time when ni released it
native instruments samples are great, but annoying because they all rely on kontakt, it can be a pain in the ass trying to keep track of sample locations with that thing.

i should just say komplete 8 minus fm8 and abbey road drums.

i know a lot of people really like ni stuff so no one should really take what i have to say about it seriously.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Absynth's UI needs update. I feel like I'm playing 80's video game.

tintala

Post by tintala » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:19 pm

FlightPlan wrote:
tintala wrote:FUCKING CRYSONIC......... WHOLLY SHIT BATMAN!

try getting customer support and getting these lame as plugins to activate, even had one that would NOT let me past the code in.! WTF??
http://www.crysonic.com
+1 big time!!!! Glitzy site, complete ripoff, a complete loss. Sold as a bundle, and the activation methods were different for each VST - never got these going, tech support, literally the worst I've EVER encountered - they just didn't care - they had my money. Complete criminals!

Later, too late, I found that plenty of people had already gotten shafted on the KRK forum. Moral: ALWAYS RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY!

yeah those motherfuckers ADVERTISED some new updates for the C@ and TRANSILATE, once downloaded, these GUIS look nothing like what was advertised wholly whoreS!!!!???

I have emailed them everyday about this bs, and told them they fucking suck ass.. They never responded to my quiry about the GUI being different, and now, that fucking new C2 and spectralive dont do SHIT but dropout my audio

CRYSONIC I HOPE YOU READ THIS SHIT< YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING LOOSERS!!! GO TO HELL!

EDIT: OH AND I STILL HAVEN'T RECIVED THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE NEW NXTASY< ITS BEEN A MONTH AFTER BADGERING THEM< THEY IGNORE IT>>>

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:26 pm

what's this list for again? general venting

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm

jonbongjovi wrote:soundtowers Mopho VST..

Ive been using (the practically crippled) demo and my soundcards ins and outs are working just fine (i.e recording audio from Mopho,and other external gear on different channels). Are you sure you have the VST set up right?

jonbongjovi

Post by jonbongjovi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 am

The following is an email from support before .
What you have to do first is to deactivate MIDI IN and OUT ports that your Mopho is connected to in the host (ableton). After that, select the same MIDI ports in the PlugSE MIDI setup.
the problem is i can't disable the komplete 6 input without losing the sound from my RM1X which I want to play alongside me tweaking the mopho VST interface..

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:02 pm

jonbongjovi wrote:The following is an email from support before .
What you have to do first is to deactivate MIDI IN and OUT ports that your Mopho is connected to in the host (ableton). After that, select the same MIDI ports in the PlugSE MIDI setup.
the problem is i can't disable the komplete 6 input without losing the sound from my RM1X which I want to play alongside me tweaking the mopho VST interface..
I'm using a couple of USB midi interfaces with my set up and i have the Mopho connected to one of them. I,m guessing your card only has 1 midi in and 1 midi out?
Never had to deactivate the MIDI ports in ableton though.

jonbongjovi

Post by jonbongjovi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:51 am

yeh my soundcard only has the single midi in and out...ive bankrupted myself buying my RM1X, mopho, nord rack combo which is currently in a daisy chain config.. so far i've had no luck getting the mopho VST working without disabling the ins and outs of the soundcard within ableton.. i dont understand why soundtower have to do this.. why do all the other VSTs work ok without this bodge?